account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Your daily experience with XZ1

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Your daily experience with XZ1

Hi everyone, I just bought XZ1 after losing patience for XZ2 launch here in my place.

I just wanted to hear a regular audience experience with the phone. What you have liked and hated? How is your daily normal usage?

I'm coming from Z3 compact, so anything I will be surprised or should know about?

PS: kindly don't compare with other brands, I would love to hear only your experience with phone 

9 REPLIES 9
Visitor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Your daily experience with XZ1

Can't recommend it. Bought it two weeks ago, yesterday noticed random reboots. At worst seen five times same hur. 

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

*hour .

Sorry about the spelling. 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@vinayus

Hi there, 

You will get different opinions. My feedback is positive. I am pleased with the phone: stable system, good build, good sound, excellent photos and videos, goooood battery (around 8 hours SOT) and no issues so far. Best is for you to use it and enjoy it. If you have questions or you encounter problems, just ask - we are here to try to help each other. 

Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@vinayus

This is an amazing phone, my fav phone just to text and make calls, maybe some games is/was the Xperia Arc, but after that will be the Xperia Z3, it's just a sexy phone, the best of design of the Z series, yeah the Z3+ has a better charging port but meh, back to topic, the XZ series, I haven't had a chance to play with the Xperia XZ2, #SonyMobileUSA make it happen, bring it to AT&T and/or T-mobile, back to the topic. 

The Xperia XZ1 it's just AWESOME, it's not perfect but it is by far better than the XZ and maybe even the XZ Premium, at the end of the day you have to be more specific on your questions 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Have this phone for a while, not much complains if you had a Sony device before.

Camera is improved 

Design is cool

I have no battery issues or reboots, so far the only problem I would say is the highly visible display grid. 

I still like this even though I use a iPhone X also

I would say XZ2 is just a waste of money if you have the XZ1 

Rookie
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Ouch sorry to hear that. Did you try hard-reset and reinstalling software?

Rookie
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Good to hear from an Arc user.

Well its been just a day, just copying my stuff and setting up.

Over the day I have missed tap-to-wake/sleep. FM Radio is missed but lately I haven't used it anyways. For me its too early to list out any issue, so will post if I face any.

One annoying thing which happened was software updates(security), I wish there was single patch made instead of me installing each month's update. Took me 11 updates ** sigh **. Maybe a feedback to dev's. Anguished Face

PS: My legendary z3 compact survived without any issue for 3.5yrs, so expecting same from XZ1. fingers crossed.

Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Thank you for answering.
I waited 3 months for XZ2 here, so bought XZ1 instead of waiting.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Yes I have tried to reset also sent to Xperia for warranty but it came back saying no fault found. I will not agree on this since the pixel grid is really annoying at times. Maybe will send it back for warranty repair or replacement.