account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xz1 jack not working

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xz1 jack not working

When i insert the jack in to my phone the audio Is coming from the speaker and not the headphones

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xz1 jack not working

Hi @Umarang, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Is the headphones you are using a pair that have previously worked with the device, or is a completely new pair?

If you have another pair of headphones/headset, or if you can borrow a pair from a friend, colleague or family member that would be a good place to start and will tell us if there is something not working correctly with the device, or your headphones.

You can also take a look in the audio jack port and make sure that there is no dirt or dust inside of it, but be very careful and don't use a pen or similar that can cause damage to the connectors, just simple hold the device upside down and see if anyone comes out of the audio jack or if you can see something in the audio jack that should not be there.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I tried another pair of headphone and they work

Only that pair don't work in my xz1 but in another device they work fine.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again @Umarang!

The headphones that do not work in the device, have they previously worked in the device or is this the first time you are using them?

We use the CTIA standard for headphones since 2012, so if it an older pair of headphones that are OMTP, they will not work with the device. You can also check with the manufacturer of the headphones, as some have two different versions, one for Android and one for iOS.

Keep me posted! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.