account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia xz1 latest update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia xz1 latest update

What is with the 47.2.A.10.62 firmware UPDATE for Xperia XZ1? 

6 REPLIES 6
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia xz1 latest update

How is it acting up for you?

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

The navigation bar on the bottom of the screen is still there (e.g. in Firefox...).

The navigation bar disappears in my video/picture-viewer (was fine with quickpic, is now fine with Memoria too) like it did on the very first Android 9 update.

So this topic didn't get worse (nor did it improve).

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Xperia-XZ1-got-Android9-gt-Navigation-bar/m-p/1358907#M568...

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

In Argentina there is version 47.2.A.10.62, until now I do not see any improvement but I will continue investigating 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Peterott and @mauro2401, let me see if i can provide an answer here.

Hiding the navigation bar and viewing the screen in fullscreen mode can be enabled in the app code of some apps such as Youtube and gaming apps. Depending on the app or content, the proper fullscreen mode will be activated automatically.

Although we understand that some content is best viewed using full screen mode, there is no way to hide the navigation bar in the settings of the phone. There may, however, exist third-party apps available on Google Play that will offer fullscreen mode for all apps and content. Please note though that we cannot guarantee the performance of any third-party applications.

I hope that this information answered your question. If there is anything else i can help you with, feel free to ask! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hello, I see that you are Sony support would be good to make you get these complaints because they are many and we as users would like a quick response, some update to improve this would be great and thank you very much

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I just wanna know if it's a regular security update? 

I never get alerts for these regular security updates until I check manually on software update info?