account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ1 fingerprint

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia XZ1 fingerprint

Fingerprint is not working. I put my finger on it, but its no reaction. 

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia XZ1 fingerprint

@Psyh0 

Could you test your device? It doesn't hurt to restart the phone 

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia XZ1 fingerprint

Hi @Psyh0, I am sorry to hear about this.

First of all I would suggest that yo check the power-key for any kind of dirt or moisture. This as dirt or moisture as well as the condition of your skin, such as cuts, dryness, or moisture may have an effect on the fingerprint recognition rate.

As @uliwooly mentioned, there is also a test in the support app that you can try doing in order to test the functionality of the fingerprint sensor.

Using the fingerprint manager that you find by going to Settings > Lock screen & security, you can also try adding your fingerprint again. you can register a fingerprint up to five times to improve the recognition rate of the fingerprint sensor.  

If none of these measures work I would suggest that you try re-booting your phone to safe mode and see if the fingerprint sensor behaves differently. All apps downloaded from Play store is temporarily deactivated and by doing this you can see if it is a downloaded app causing this. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.