account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ1 Wifi issues

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia XZ1 Wifi issues

Wifi issues still persists after latest update. Current software version of my phone is 47.2.A.10.28. Android version 'Pie 9'.

Please provide me a solution at the earliest.

4 REPLIES 4
Regular
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia XZ1 Wifi issues

Just reilased the thread i posted in re this was marked as resolved and probalby never gets looked at. But this is still an issue for me also.

Copy/pasted from previosu post :

I've had this phone (xz1) around about a year now and whilst this problems seems to have improved to some extent its still very much a problem. I dont have any issues in our house with the 8 or so other wifi devices and the problem with this phone seems to be triggered randomly, often having been elsewhere where its been in range if other people's equipment I've no control over. The only way to get it behaving again is to restart it.

This is rediculous and the fact my previous so y phone (z1) had an incredibly irittaing problem that was never resolved make this issue all the more infuriating, I should never have bought aonther Sony phone. I certainly jumping ship next time. Tryi g to use this page to write this message on a mobile is also a terrible experience, one I do not wish to have to go through again.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@nabz wrote:

Wifi issues still persists after latest update. Current software version of my phone is 47.2.A.10.28. Android version 'Pie 9'.

Please provide me a solution at the earliest.

Set your modem/router wireless configuration to 802.11 n only and restart the modem.  If there is other devices which doesn't support 802.11n won't connect but before switching to default config , check will it solve WiFi issues. 

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

reply for mahesh911:

Not a practical solution as I have other devices also used in my home by my family.

What I'm asking for is a solution from Sony to correct the issue related to the device (Xperia XZ1).

Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@nabz wrote:

reply for mahesh911:

Not a practical solution as I have other devices also used in my home by my family.

What I'm asking for is a solution from Sony to correct the issue related to the device (Xperia XZ1).

Hav u tried? And is there any other smartphone not working in your home? Well try it and let the xz1 work in that 802.11 n mode for some time and then set to modem default. . It appears after this WiFi get stabilised with your phone. 

This WiFi issue randomly occurs in most of Snapdragon 835 chipset and usually fixed by resetting or restarting WiFi modem.. I had your same problem with my XZ Premium which is actually same as xz1. I did the same thing , used 802.11 n for couple of days before returning to default modem setting bcos of some old other devices. But now after restart WiFi working fine for 2 weeks now since ... 

It happens due to some pie WiFi sources. Don't know. Anyway try it . 

Also is your phone connected to modem or router. I found that.. this issue happens only to certain modems. With that problem having without restart I tried connecting to old router and it worked without problems. Tried connecting to neighbours modem.. it worked.. I think a router solves it completely. Hope u can figure it out..