account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XZ1 Issues

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia XZ1 Issues

I purchased a brand new XZ1 recently, and noticed below issues with the phone.
Curious to know if anyone else in this forum is facing similar issues, and if there are any fixes available (or if I should return my phone - which I don't want to do unless these are due to manufacturing defects).
1. The speaker sounds tinny when used as a speakerphone. Increasing the volume distorts the quality further, and even at high volume I'm unable to hear the calls properly.

2. While playing audio, the sound is noisy and muffled. I modified the equalizer settings which mitigated this issue, however there is still considerable amount of noise when using the speaker.
3. The Wi-fi doesn't scan most of the available networks. I have a Blackberry which finds almost twice as many Wi-fi signals as my XZ1.
4. The last fully charged date on my Battery settings shows as 35 days ago, and the Wi-fi data usage date starts from a month ago. I purchased the phone only a couple of days ago, so I'm wondering if it might be a refurbished one, or if the settings is showing the factory installation date.

7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia XZ1 Issues

I don't experience any of above symptoms.

Maybe you should send it to service. 

Kr8
One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hello. I have the same problem with 2 points and also do not know whether to send a phone or software fault

Adept
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

This phone has too many issues... I wish I wouldn't buy it... 

I ve got all of them you mention, plus:

-thetouch screen sometimes recognizes scrolling as a tap and opens whatever in its way...

-Internet connection and lte connection is poor. Internet fails too much, 1 out of 3 times i open something in chrome it doesn't load and I have to go back and open it again. (wifi icon is full, router is new, all other devices works as they should)

It's my second Sony phone after Xperia L that I bought in 2012, I won't buy another one ever again. They don't care, they just sell hardware in a box.

Adept
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

My XZ1 gets warm easily and draining battery so fast even i dont use it, it still drains the battery, already factory reset it and software repair, but it doesnt work, i checked on CPUZ App, it shows that the CPU works all the time even no App running, help

I use this phone 3 weeks

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi also have plenty of issue WiFi range is weaker comparing to my previous Xperia z3 .Bluetooth sometime disconnected my headset during call and network bars are weaker than on my friend xz hi is on the same network my bars popping up an down 

Talent
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

wrote:

My XZ1 gets warm easily and draining battery so fast even i dont use it, it still drains the battery, already factory reset it and software repair, but it doesnt work, i checked on CPUZ App, it shows that the CPU works all the time even no App running, help

I use this phone 3 weeks

try to test it in safe mode.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I only have 1 issue that bother me, I lose my network and I can't search for it again even after putting it in airplane mode, the only solution is to reboot the phone and it does that almost every day. Right now I'm using the phone aboard (roaming) and I don't have that issue after 5 days of use...

I had the French Orange firmware and changed it to generic French and still the same