account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ 1 Microphone not working during calls

Learner
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Xperia XZ 1 Microphone not working during calls

With my Xperia XZ1, I am oberserving a phenomen. During voice calls my microphone stops working and the listener can not hear me anymore while I still can hear him/her. This happens after some seconds or minutes and applies to either incoming or outgoing calls. When I switch to speaker mode, use earphone or bluetooth device, everything works perfectly.

I changed the OK-Google detection settings, the noise reduction settings and changed also the network settings. No effect.

Sony support tells me to do a software repair via companion which I will do when have some spare time. But I've already read, that this will not help.

Is this software or hardware issue, any hint? Has anyone a solution or workaround as this issue seems to occur with various sony models and goes on since some time already?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Xperia XZ 1 Microphone not working during calls

@Mickidiman

Did you try testing if this happens while in safe mode?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

I did do a call for 6min in safe mode and the issue did not occur. But this can be just accidently as the issue occurs after seconds and sometimes after minutes.

Assuming the issue would by caused by an installed third party app, how can I find out which one? Can I scan for all apps accessing the microphone?

Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

@Mickidiman

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App permissions -> Microphone

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

OK, today it happend again during a received call after about 6 min call duration even

I' ve unchecked all apps that not necessarily need access to the microphone.

Maybe its worth mentioning that I have a LG Googlge Smartwatch Sport with OS Wear 2.0 conntected via Bluetooth with the phone. MIght this be the cause of the failure?

Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

@Mickidiman

Maybe, if this happens again try to turn off Bluetooth in case sound is being transferred to the watch for some reason.

Learner
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

It happend again, after all changed setting its quite frustrating. Turning off Bluetooth during a call might be a workaround but not a solution. Is there any setting I can check and turn off so that the watch does not interfere with calls on the mobile?

Is my case really the only one Sony experiences with the XZ1 and the topic of not working microphone during calls?

Highlighted
ezy
Commissioner
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

I keep getting told I go silent on calls...    i can hear them and there are no "noises" or clicks at all.

I can't tell if it's a network issue or a phone issue...  but i have been able to test it is not the other persons phone

One time poster
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

I'm getting this issue too. I have done a software repair via sony software and still having the issue. Changed sim card and no Bluetooth device. Any help would be appreciated! 

Learner
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

I did the Software repair, the secure mode environment and turned off all blue tooth Devices. I also tested the microphone within the test Mode. The issue still remains. I assume a Software Bug.

Evidence: the issue does not appear when turning on the speaker or using a head Set. 

Sony did indicate IT is because of my LG SmartWatch beeing connected via Bluetooth which also dies Not hold true.

As other owners of xz1 with a different Set up got the same issue it musst be the Software.

I hope Sony does help in this matter.