account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Keyboard - Use my writing style - My Words - Restore to a new Xperia

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia Keyboard - Use my writing style - My Words - Restore to a new Xperia

Hi Guys,

on Xperia Z and M2 - if you go to Settings --> Language & input --> Xperia Keyboard (International Keyboard) --> Use my writing style -->  Backup and Sync [ This option is turned on and "signed in with Google"]

I am trying to restore "My Words" from here, to my new Xperia xz1.

I have installed Xperia Keyboard on my new device - how do I do the restore please?

I have done this sync in the past when I moved form Z to M2, but now I have forgotten how I had restored it and struggling very much Slightly frowning Face please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia Keyboard - Use my writing style - My Words - Restore to a new Xperia

@Chiku09 question.. how did you get it installed? As far as I know the Xperia Keyboard is not compatible with the XZ1...

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia Keyboard - Use my writing style - My Words - Restore to a new Xperia

You can simply install it from the Playstore and set it as default keyboard Slightly smiling Face

It did not sync my words either, though, probably because SwiftKey is the new default keyboard for Sony Phones and support thereofre halted.