account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XZ1's screen has a serious weird issue (Horizontal lines and white dots on display)

Regular
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

XZ1's screen has a serious weird issue (Horizontal lines and white dots on display)

Hello guys. My Moonlit Blue colored XZ1 has a weird screen problem. Horizontal lines appears when I touching and rubbing the screen by finger. Especially lines are much more visible on grey and Blue Colored displays. Does anyone have this issue?

arıza.png

11 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: XZ1's screen has a serious weird issue (Horizontal lines and white dots on display)

@BRCKHAN

Does your phone has a protective film or glass?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Re: XZ1's screen has a serious weird issue (Horizontal lines and white dots on display)

No, I have removed the nanoglass protector when I first saw the horizontal lines but by the times passed, the lines gets much more visible.

Adept
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

you have to call sony support and ask for a screen replacement. It's a faulty one.

Emperor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@BRCKHAN

Indeed, that seems to be a hardware issue, contact your Local support to get it inspected/repaired.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

My XZ1 is exactly the same as this, did you contact support? and did you get this sorted?

It only happens on my device if I rub/press the screen lightly and it disappears after a short while but it is annoying and I'm worried it gets worse.

Regular
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I'm sorry to hear that you have exactly the same problem. I have some questions:

1.Which country did you buy this device?

2.What is your device revision number?

3.Which color do you have?

I tested most display product's screen on the market in my country and almost all of them had the same problem; Except the black models. On the other hand, commonly blue colored products have the screen problem. So I delivered the whole package to my local support and requested product change. Still waiting my local support's callbacks.

I delivered the whole package to the service and requested change
Apprentice
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I currently have 2 XZ1's in my possession, 1 is black and network unlocked this has the issue, the other is a blue model locked to the EE network, this also has the issue but not quite as bad.

Both were purchased in the UK and I am contemplating returning the black one to see if they replace the screen.

Blue model is rev.4 not sure about Black

Regular
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

My device is also Rev 4 too. I am living in İstanbul-Turkey and I have bought this device 3 months ago and last January, this problem became more seriously when I play GTA San Andreas on my phone and it was really annoying. I'm also a founder of Sony Xperia XZ1 topic in our local technology forum and many people sold their phones cheaper than their billing price or requested their local support to change their defective products with a new one.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I am facing the sams problem after a buying this handset but sony centce

Replaced my faulty handset and now itsi fine.