account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ1 does not power on

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

XZ1 does not power on

Hi , 
I have a problem with my Sony Xperia XZ1.
After the latest software update from sony my smartphone refuses to start. 
When booting I get the error message: "Your device has failed verification and will not work properly." and then it shuts down after 5 seconds.
I tried with Sony Compantion - Software repair, just before the process almost ended, a message appears: 

Software repair failed
An error occurred while repairing your device.
Please try again. if the problem persists , please contact sony support.
UEUpdateFailed
UE_2005
2.5.2.0/ Windows 10 Home 64 bit/Win32/US//

There is something I can do?
thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: XZ1 does not power on

I have almost similar,
I took some photos today and just hide the phone in pocket, when came home I saw white sony boot-up screen and it just stays so... when it should go to Xperia logo screen the LED blinks blue, green, orange, blue and the phone restarts again... 3 times tried to repair software with Companiin, but after words succesfully repaired the state is the same, only vibrations and sony logo...
What to do?
It's sunday and I'm loosing mind staying a week without phone calls and messages!

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Same thing happened to me today. I had a problem, with the Android update failing everytime it tried to update, so I said I'd just try with Xperia Comanion. Well that thing bricked my phone...

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I've sent to Sony for further inspection, the Phone powers on, but there's no Android on IT, or boot loader fails to start. Hope it's not motherboard failure, till saturday IT all worked fine.

Best to send it to service, we can't do much from private pc's.