account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XZ1 and Bose QC35

Commissioner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

XZ1 and Bose QC35

Does any owner of XZ1 happen to own Bose QC35 too?
And would him/her so kind to tell me if the set works with bluetooth?

9 REPLIES
Apprentice
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: XZ1 and Bose QC35

Hi, 

My Bose Soundsport in-ears doesn't work at XZ1😩 after 10sec Spotify is pauzed automatically.. 

My in-ears work perfectly at the Z3 compact. 

Commissioner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@kunk1987

The wise guy of this post devised a solution for the streaming toward the car. AVCRP is one of the few  protocols supported by Bose headset. Downgrading from AVCRP 1.6 to 1.4 solved the problem.

Bluetooth should be downward compatible but maybe there are quite a few glitches to be solved yet.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/notifications/emailmessagepage/board-id/Xperia-XZ1/message-id/242

I can't tell for Bose, because my QC35 are out for service as now, but it solved the problem with my car and SBH54 headset from Sony.

Give it a try and let me know.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

My Bose in-ears aren't wireless so this willn't solve the problem.

But i bought the Bose Soundsport Apple edition. The only 'problem' using these Apple version on an Android device/phone (in my case Xperia Z3 compact) was that the volumebutton on the in-ears didn't work. That was no problem for me so I bought these things. 

Using the apple-version of the Bose in-ears on the XZ1 results in the fact that Spotify, Youtube (for example) are paused automatically after 10seconds playing music .  I bought yesterday the Bose Android Version so i can test if the Android version will work on the XZ1.

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hey.

I got an XZ1 Compact today, and it works fairly well with QC35 (android version). I have a minor issue atm. with audio dropping/stopping every now and then for a split second . Except for that, everything works. Play,  pause, next, volume up/down and voice command control.

Pioneer
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I have Bose QC-35 II with Assistant button. They work as regular headphones with some occasional split-second drops, but Assistant integration does not work and using Assistant button kills play/pause until restart.

Working on bug reports for relevant parties.

Please provide your device model and firmware version when posting about issues
Running G8441 (47.1.A.2.324 on 1310-4371)
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

.... A Bit off-topic but does anyone of the qc35 owners got the h900n and can compare them?(nc,Base,build quality,usability)?

Pioneer
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Official update about Assistant and Bose QC-35 Assistant interaction here - Known Bose QC-35 II / Pixel Buds issue with the Google Assistant on Android Oreo and here is more information from Bose forum: Re: QC35 II - Android 8 update problems.

Please provide your device model and firmware version when posting about issues
Running G8441 (47.1.A.2.324 on 1310-4371)
Commissioner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@adrolool

I now have both. I am not an audiophile though, so my opinion is from an average consumer standpoint.

Given the premise that I enjoy them a lot, that for a phone+headphone offer they are a real bargain (kudos to Sony forever) and, because of the aforementioned bargain, I don't deal with then as a saint's relic as I do with QC35....

Qc35 are way better in connectivity. They stay connected, receive call and play audio with two devices at the same time. Whh900 doesn't.

About confort, you simply forget that you have QC35 on your head. They are lighter and the headband pressure on the head is less strong. I use them to focus on my work and I could stay the whole day without issue.

The Sony's touch functions and the gesture to exclude the noise canceling on the fly are really great: no contest. QC35 is operated via buttons and, one day, they migth break. Plus, touch control is both "nerdy" and cool. I love it.

It seems to me that noise cancelling works better with Bosé but, after all, this is their main purpose.

The sounds seems to me on par but, again, slightly better with Bose. I haven't used the Sony's app's equalizer, in order to compare both headphones on a common base.

One small issue with Sony's: sometimes, when I use the "quality priority", I hear some electronic noise, and some interference caused by 2.4GHz band. With stability priority the noise goes away. It's like an old modem sound. BOSE don't have this issue but, also, does not have the high throughput of the Sony's codec.

One big edge of BOSE: support and repair service. It's on par with Apple care but without additional fee. If you think that they don't work at best they simply swap them for a new pair. If you haven't misused them, it's obvious.

Other clever edge of BOSE: ear cushion spare parts. Not cheap, but the original ones. You won't find them for Sony, or at least I haven't been able to locate them. And thardy  party suppliers' ones seem of sub-par quality, yet even more expensive than the Bose's original ones. After all, these headphones are in the 300€ price segment, so spare parts for cushions should be available.

One smart thing from Sony: the audio jack, in case you need it, it's a 3.5mm on both ends of the cord. You can buy it everywhere for cheap. Bose has a less common 2.5mm connector on the headphone side, so you have to stick with them.

Last thing. QC35 comes with an hard case and an airplane adapter. Sony with just a pouch. Again: 300€ headphones inside a bag, crunched in your backpack... Meh...

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hello, have just bought an XZ1. Paired it with my QC35 headphones and there's an issue. Every 20 seconds or so there's a static spike noise. The shop I bought it from paired the headphones with 3 other XZ1 phones straight out of a sealed box and they all did the same! Headphones pair perfect with iPhone, Samsung and Windows phone, so it's not the headphones. Weirdly the phone pairs no problem with my Bose sound touch speaker system, so Sony need to make a software update for the QC35 Bluetooth pairing. I am currently using the headphones with the Bose cable, but that's very disappointing given the cost of both items. Hope this helps?