account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ1 - USB - win10

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

XZ1 - USB - win10

Sony has broken the win10 USB connection Android 9.0. It is not possible to connect XZ1 to win10 computer, for transferring files, music, photos.

6 REPLIES 6
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: XZ1 - USB - win10

I am had a similar problem, but it was temporary

Plugged XZ1 into pc,  dropped down the notification menu on XZ1 and changed the default connection so it was for data tansfer (this used to be a pop up menu on oreo) and the pc opens both XC & a folder window... 

XC says my phone is up to date so it is clearly connected

The folder window offers 2 folders  one called "disk" (it used tobe called something more SD card realted) and "internal shared storage"

clicking on either to open goes to a black window, a green task bar that is slow to "fill" and then continues to shimmer from left to right even after it fills the bar.   a pop up appears early on saying "Xperia XZ1   The device is currently busy and its contents may not be fully displayed. If another application is copying data to or from the device, please wait for it to finish and then retry."    pressing OK stops the process and the screen remains empty of folders.

However afer going "back" to the 2 folders page and then back into the internal storage folder the list of folders populated (and I could move files to between the phone and the pc)

I hope this is a one off event and not a delay every time I connect the phone to the pc.  I also suspect a lot of people will not see the phone goes to a charge only default with no transfer etc unless they flip the status from the notification drop down...  especially as they may have been used to a pop up menu when plugging in.

Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Where did my reply... walk through and possible fix go?

When first plugging in the phone did you drop down the notification screen and flip the default recharge selection to another for data transfer ?  This used to be a pop up when you first plug in but now it is "hidden" as a default selection and you have to find the toggle option via the notification window)

(I had a similar problem, the PC saw the phone & confirmed the software in XC but the folders would not open...  however after a long build,a "back" and a click back in the folders populated - hopefully it wont have to build a folder list like this every time I plug the phone in)

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Notification all included, connection XZ1 usb - win10 DOES NOT Work

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Repair android full recovery - win10 - not possible.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Experia XZ3 Android 9.0 - connects the computer usb connection. The pop-up window for connecting and transferring files appears without problems. All updates experia XZ3 installed in January February 2019. XZ3 smartphone works stably, without bugs and without failures, regularly. The sony company broke only experia XZ1.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

same problem after latest xperia xz1 system updates => pc dont see my xperia xz1 when connected.... There is no problem with my pc as it see every other phone that I connect to it.

Even when I install xperia xz1 drivers manually on my PC, there is no change. The Only good thing is that my xperia xz1 is charging from its sony USB charger or any other USB hub. Looks like there is some conflict between latest xperia and Win10 update, as the problem as I see is common for lot of xperia users... sad and shame for sony.

I love sony as I have been writing here before, but there comes a lot of **bleep**ty things from sony.... sad. Now days every manufacturer is producing "hi tech" unneeded changes every month and somehow forgets to make  "old" primary things to work flawlessly... it is not to smart...