account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ1 Super slow motion vs XZ2

Adviser
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

XZ1 Super slow motion vs XZ2

Hello...

I have no idea if this topic is raised somewhere else but I am very curious about this comparison.

Since BOTH phones, XZ1 and XZ2 have the SAME camera, why XZ1 doesn't support super slow motion at 1080p? 

I am not a camera expert so I don't know if other technical details play a significant role here or it is just for marketing reasons to add a unique feature to the latest flagship. In that case maybe it is just a software update for XZ1 owners.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

Sokin

17 REPLIES 17
Talent
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: XZ1 Super slow motion vs XZ2

because of hardware. xz2 is snap845 while xz1 snap 835.

@nikos111swrote:

Hello...

I have no idea if this topic is raised somewhere else but I am very curious about this comparison.

Since BOTH phones, XZ1 and XZ2 have the SAME camera, why XZ1 doesn't support super slow motion at 1080p? 

I am not a camera expert so I don't know if other technical details play a significant role here or it is just for marketing reasons to add a unique feature to the latest flagship. In that case maybe it is just a software update for XZ1 owners.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

Sokin

Adviser
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

So 25% increase in the performance and only in CPU gives you the ability to record in 1080p??

Then Samsung s9 why is limited into 720p? So it is feasible with a software upgrade but will probably be a little bit slower...

Pioneer
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

@nikos111s;

The difference is that for 1080p you need much more memory for the same time of super slow motion and as the sensor is the same in 1080p you will only have about 3 seconds of super slow motion while in 720p you have about 6 seconds. Don't know what is best, it's a compromise. 

Adviser
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

@NunoSEN2wrote:

@nikos111s;

The difference is that for 1080p you need much more memory for the same time of super slow motion and as the sensor is the same in 1080p you will only have about 3 seconds of super slow motion while in 720p you have about 6 seconds. Don't know what is best, it's a compromise. 

Both phones have the same memory, even the in-camera memory...

Pioneer
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

@nikos111s;

Exactly, that is why the time of the super slow motion recording in the XZ2 in full HD is only 3 seconds. 

Adviser
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

@NunoSEN2wrote:

@nikos111s;

Exactly, that is why the time of the super slow motion recording in the XZ2 in full HD is only 3 seconds. 

So, according to what you're saying it is feasible for this feature to be added to XZ1.

Pioneer
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

@nikos111s;

I don't have full information to be able to answer that, only Sony, but probably. 

Adviser
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

@NunoSEN2wrote:

@nikos111s;

I don't have full information to be able to answer that, only Sony, but probably. 

Well, let's hear what others have to say about this.. I'm still curious why XZ1 doesn't have this feature. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Because marketing. 

Xz1 has the worst camera out there. No eis or ois. That's really bad.