account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ1 Navigation Bar Design Issue

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

XZ1 Navigation Bar Design Issue

Hi all,

I just noticed that the left key on the navigation bar is larger than the right key (In stock Android, Midlle key is larger than the other two, left and right keys are the same size)

XZ1 as an example:

nav2.jpg

Here's a comparison between Pixel and XZ1. As you can see, the left key on the XZ1 is larger than that of the Pixel. In Pixel and other stock Android UI, they have the the middle key larger than the other two, which makes a more balanced-looking design.

Why would Sony make one key smaller than the other two? Would you guys please fix this?

Sony always has attention to details. Really hope you guys can let the developers know if this problem.

nav1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Re: Navigation Bar Design Issue

I have also noticed this issue.

I am not trying to be picky but the right key (Square) is a bit smaller than the other two which makes me a bit not comfortable.

It would be MUCH BETTER if this problem can be fixed just by simply updating the system.

Cheers & Thank you for raising this up Kenny

Simon L.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: XZ1 Navigation Bar Design Issue

@kenny-tetsuya I think they were trying to compensate for the fact that a triangle has a smaller surface area than a square with the same side length. on the screenshot of Pixel icons you provided, the triangle icon looks optically smaller than the square one, and it makes the navbar seem to lack balance to me. the Sony navbar feels more balanced.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

LOL. I see Google is more balanced-looking though. The triangle on Sony does look a bit big to me.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Come on Sony, please forward this to your developers and let them know.