account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

XZ1 + MDR-NC750 headphones stopped working.

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XZ1 + MDR-NC750 headphones stopped working.

Hi,

I have Xperia XZ1 and MDR-NC750 headphones stopped working together today. Headphones are not being detected by phone. I've tested headphones with my PC - they do work, tested my MDR-7506 headphones with phone - everything is okay. It looks like both headphones and my phone's mini-jack is perfectly fine. Can this be a software problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XZ1 + MDR-NC750 headphones stopped working.

I just plugged my MDR-NC750 in and the notification drop down showed "noise cancelling off" - i clicked on it and toggled it to on... they worked in both states.

I am still on 47.2.a.6.30 (pie jan 19 security) and not yet on the one that started rolling out at the end of last week

which version are you on?

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XZ1 + MDR-NC750 headphones stopped working.

Nevermind, I found a Z5 Compact, and it didn't detect headphones too...seems that they are somehow broken, which is strange bc they work perfectly with any device featuring standard stereo 3.5mm with no mic/NC contacts.