account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ1 Fingerprint gestures API missing? Half baked Android Oreo?

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: XZ1 Fingerprint gestures API missing? Half baked Android Oreo?

Thank you Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Hi @androlool, thanks a lot for your question regarding fingerprint gestures! Slightly smiling Face

At present there is no plan to introduce fingerprint gestures for Xperia XZ1, Xperia XZ1 Compact and Xperia XZ Premium (December, 2017).

I can see how this can be a very useful feature to have, so I will make sure to forward this internally as user feedback! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

That would be nice. My wife’s S8+ has fingerprint gestures and are quite useful.

Is better to have a function and disable it if unnecessary than not having at all. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi @Bhonder, I totally agree with you!

The more options/settings available, the better it is (if you can disable them so you aren't forced to use them unless you want to). Slightly smiling Face

I will make sure to forward your feedback about fingerprint gestures as well! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Android 8.1 is about to come. I hope Fingerprint Gestures are finally there (still have the phone eventough it is still not possible to unlock the bootloader and restore the Drm keys.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Hi again @androlool,

I'm afraid that I don't have any new information today that I did when I posted my previously reply, however I will make sure to forward your feedback once again! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day!

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Thank you. But it did not help.