account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ1 Compact Noise Cancellation not working

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

XZ1 Compact Noise Cancellation not working

The "noise cancelling" feature is greyed out on the "Accessory settings" menu, regardless of whether my Sony noise cancelling headphones are connected by Bluetooth or wire.  Did anyone else have the same problem and how did you solve it, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: XZ1 Compact Noise Cancellation not working

You need these in ear headphone:MDR-NC31EM or MDR-NC750.

I have the first type. They are cheap (31€) and work fine. The latter are more expensive but add dsee functionality. And are fancier.

Both use a 5 poles jack. You want to plug them in the standard phone 3.5mm jack. Once plugged the ANC icon lights up. 

The ANC is inbed in the phone, which is a nice features, because it saves you quite a lot of money, if you loose the headphones while commuting Slightly smiling Face 

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Dougcov1

Which headphones are you using?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply. Sony XZ770BN. But I also tried a pair of a colleague's Bose ones. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Dougcov1

I don't have this headphones but can you check the 3.5mm cable to see if it has 3 or 4 rings?

also, based on this 

https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-zx770bn

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.28.18 PM.png

It doesn't seemed to be done through the phone but the headphones, I might be wrong. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

You need these in ear headphone:MDR-NC31EM or MDR-NC750.

I have the first type. They are cheap (31€) and work fine. The latter are more expensive but add dsee functionality. And are fancier.

Both use a 5 poles jack. You want to plug them in the standard phone 3.5mm jack. Once plugged the ANC icon lights up. 

The ANC is inbed in the phone, which is a nice features, because it saves you quite a lot of money, if you loose the headphones while commuting Slightly smiling Face 

Rookie
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Thank you! Yes, the manual doesn't make it clear that it only works with certain earphones!