account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ1 Battery Drain

Visitor
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

XZ1 Battery Drain

Hi

My XZ1 battery has started to drain rapidly this last week.

I've checked all my battery settings and I am even having to use Stamina mode.

The phone is only a month old.

The phone was full charged last night, 4hr ago. Already the battery is down to 76% (in stamina Mode) with very low useage.

Screen Usage since full charge 45min

No app's running

No Streaming

No downloading

Just sat Idle with the odd whatapp message.

Phone has been updated to Android 8.0.0.

Yesterday the phone was dead before i even left work.

Please advise.

17 REPLIES 17
Visitor
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: XZ1 Battery Drain

Using stamina mode and disabling blue tooth and 4G, the phone last's a working day.

But the performance is seriously compromised. 

I'm guessing at the lack of any response to my thread that it would indicate I’m on my own with this and it's likely to be an uncommon fault that is just affecting my phone.

Therefore I will go and get the phone checked under warranty.

Talent
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Since its under warranty, you made the right move in bringing it down to the service centre. But in the future, it would be great to Screenshot your "Battery" in your Settings and posting it here so it is easier for the community to help analyze and solve your problem.:smileysmileywink:

Learner
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

The last 3 firmware updates have ruined WiFi connectivity and caused battery performance to deteriorate. Sony seem incapable of resolving these issues. Absolute disgrace. They say disable 4G but we have to use network data as the WiFi problem means we can't use it. They've got us over a barrel! 

One time poster
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

I have the same exact problem....  Looks like we are stuffed.

Talent
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Yep, battery is draining faster. When phone was new, i had like 5% batteery drain over nicht. Now 25 !!

Obviously something is going on.

No drain on safe mode, but no app is showing draining it on normal mode.

its been discust here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/help/battery-life-bit-odd-t3688342/page5

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

Hello, 

I see that a few of you are having some problems with the battery performance. My XZ1 is new from a couple of days ago. After charging it totato  100%, I started to set things up. The phone went into several OS updates and rebooting. Now, the battery duration in terms of hours was very low but it's been incrementing. Is this battery and power system smart and still 'learning'? 

Should I expect it to get better? 

Apprentice
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I have the same issue with my XZ1 too and I just purchased it like 4 days ago. No severe draining though but this is not what I expected from a brand new XZ1.. I was just using Facebook and whatsapp. I'll record my usage tomorrow for details. Really disappointing me, what with the alarm clock issue still hanging eventhough I had updated to the latest version :/

Apprentice
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

What did you get then? A replacement or a free service? Please reply to me asap. Thanks
Adviser
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

i have the same problem with my XZ1 and  those of my colleagues, battery with normale use.. does not hold up a day, whats happen ? 

thanks