account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ1 - 47.2.A.45 - Latest update problems

Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

XZ1 - 47.2.A.45 - Latest update problems

Hi.

I have 3 issues after updating to the latest update.

1. My phone turns of when i close the lid, regardless of what i choose under Screen -> cover options it gives me the same behaviour. I'd prefer to disable the auto close function when i close the lid since i either have a game running or youtube. (From the 3 available options, i've tried changing between (Translated from norwegian), "flip style cover" or "other".

2. When i close the phone, powerbutton, and then return later on, any app i had will be completely black and ihave to select the homepage button then switch back to the app to restore it. If i had no application running, very frequently the home page becomes unresponsive, ie. i can see the background change when i scroll screens but the buttons don't change/work. Have to press homepage butting a few times to restore it again.

3. Auto brightness adjustment has become very slow to responds

Hopefully these issues will be fixed shortly

8 REPLIES 8
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: XZ1 - 47.2.A.45 - Latest update problems

How was the issue resolved with this update?

I do not dare to install it yet. Waiting for a reply?

Как решился вопрос с этим обновлением?

Пока не решаюсь его устанавливать. Жду подожительного ответа? 

@Sanche101 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Not solved, still waiting.

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Yeah i have the same problem, i hope they will fix it in the next updates 

One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

The battery is not as strong as it was. My phone is new .I bought it before two months and the battery was amazing like I had no need to charge it for two days.  And now after the two last updates I charge the battery and then on about 3 hours it's at 35%. It a bog issue. .

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

You Should try to repair Android via Xperia Companion..
My battery in outdoors improoved like for 25% longer life span..
I couldn't go out without a cable or powerbank cause it consumed bout 15% accu every hour in pocket.
Now it's  3-5% per hour which is acceptable for me thinking it's only 2750 accu.
So U can repair the android or wait for more 5-7 days and see if it learns your device and improve or get worse. 
After new system is set-up We shouldn't panic at all, sometimes a week or two, and new android stabilizes itself.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Did you solve the problem with the update? Or does it still work badly?

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I got the 47.2.A.45 update yesterday and I am now experiencing the same problems you describe and it is driving me crazy.  Have you had any luck resolving them?  Any one else having these problems?  

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I turned off the update in the settings. For the time being, the European company sony will release a complete repair of all faults and eliminate all the bugs. Or, it will be replaced by an androyd 10 - with a working system intact, tested by IT by engineers who meet my qualifications.