account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 51 of 262
Message 51 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

no solutions yet? 

Talent
Message 52 of 262
Message 52 of 262

I have no idea why I dont have this problem.

German XZ1C. latest software.

Conected to 2,4ghz ang 5ghz all the time (depends on where I am at my house). Last reboot was like 6 days ago, and i rarelly reboot. I also go out of house a lot of times...

Weird...

But my moms moto g4 is facing this bug after the latest sec patch too, and like here their forum was crowded with people with the same bug. Some told to change the router from wep to wpa or vice versa has fixed it....

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 262
Message 53 of 262

I wonder if its a specific country issue. I'm in Scotland and every time I want to use my wifi i have to do as someone further up suggested and turn airplane mode off and back on. This usually gives me about 5 minutes of use.

I really wish support would let us know when the fix is coming as i feel like we are being ignored both on here and by email.

Actually really annoys me that I had to have my contract updated so that I have more data with not having wifi

Message 54 of 262
Message 54 of 262

Can anyone confirm that WiFi is no longer slow for you when you disable the WiFi scanning in the location setting via lockscreen and security menu? 

Apprentice
Message 55 of 262
Message 55 of 262

its continue  to mine

Apprentice
Message 56 of 262
Message 56 of 262

still nothingn from sony

Rookie
Message 57 of 262
Message 57 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after update 47.1.a.12.75

I have two XZ’s1 they will not hold my home wireless network, keep dropping off and when trying to connect the phone tries then the connection goes disabled, eventually it will connect for awhile.  This is frustrating and consuming mobile data like mad.   Yes, I have done all the suggestions in the posts to the point of getting a new up to date router (28 Feb 18), from the supplier and a new wireless extender.   The phone will not stay connected to either device.  I have deleted and recreated connections. Slightly frowning Face

This is in no way a solved problem.

One time poster
Message 58 of 262
Message 58 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after update 47.1.a.12.75

Same Here. If I do a Hard reset always its fixed, but pass some time and again still can´t connect to he wifi network. Only in airplane mode works OK.

Talent
Message 59 of 262
Message 59 of 262

@Profyler1wrote:

I have no idea why I dont have this problem.

German XZ1C. latest software.

Conected to 2,4ghz ang 5ghz all the time (depends on where I am at my house). Last reboot was like 6 days ago, and i rarelly reboot. I also go out of house a lot of times...

Weird...

But my moms moto g4 is facing this bug after the latest sec patch too, and like here their forum was crowded with people with the same bug. Some told to change the router from wep to wpa or vice versa has fixed it....

Now I have this too Worried Face

Talent
Message 60 of 262
Message 60 of 262

@Emirwrote:

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that your phone sometimes loses the Wi-Fi connection and you need to restart the phone to get it reconnected. This is known and will be improved in the next software release. The affected software versions are 47.1.A.12.34 or earlier on Android 8.0.

However, please note that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Update: Thank you for all the feedback! We understand that the improvements we introduced did not resolve the behavior for everyone.

We will keep investigating in order to provide further improvements.

Emir, you wrote 47.1.A.12.34 or earlier. We are now on Version 47.1.a.12.75 (february patch) and the problem still exist. Did you actually meant that is going to be a Sony update or the correction was on the .12.75 (february patch) ?