account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

SOLVED
Regular
Message 251 of 260
Message 251 of 260

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

I've had this phone (xz1) around about a year now and whilst this problems seems to have improved to some extent its still very much a problem. I dont have any issues in our house with the 8 or so other wifi devices and the problem with this phone seems to be triggered randomly, often having been elsewhere where its been in range if other people's equipment I've no control over. The only way to get it behaving again is to restart it.

This is rediculous and the fact my previous so y phone (z1) had an incredibly irittaing problem that was never resolved make this issue all the more infuriating, I should never have bought aonther Sony phone. I certainly jumping ship next time. Tryi g to use this page to write this message on a mobile is also a terrible experience, one I do not wish to have to go through again. 

Visitor
Message 252 of 260
Message 252 of 260

Problem still not resolved.

Have been user of Sony phones for 20 years. The last 2 devices have had connectivity issues, in particular, dropping the WiFi connection.

This XZ1 is by far the worse.

If it isn't re started, it will keep on struggling to connect. When it eventually does connect to a wifi signal (usually my home network), it will almost immediately drop again.

I used to encourage all my friends and colleagues to buy Sony mobile phones - they're hard wearing, have great cameras and features but this wifi issue has put paid to my loyalty 100%.

I am now looking at other brands for my next phone. Bring on September.

Learner
Message 253 of 260
Message 253 of 260

Same. Still not resolved.

Learner
Message 254 of 260
Message 254 of 260

Sorry to hear that. I spent countless hours trying to figure out a solution to this. And I was surprised how quiet Sony support was about this. It's ridiculous to struggle with WiFi in 2019,....it's not like it's new technology anyways. I would return the phone for a refund/fix. 

I did that with my phone because it suddenly stopped being discoverable by my computer. They changed the main circuit board to fix it. Over average troubled history with my phone you can say. 

Sjum

One time poster
Message 255 of 260
Message 255 of 260

Re: Wi-Fi problems

Yes, I have the same probelm. It just disconnects and wifi gets turned off automatically. It wont turn ON even if you force to turn ON. This happened after the recent upadate.

One time poster
Message 256 of 260
Message 256 of 260

Same problem after installing 47.2.A.10.80. Also battery draining much much faster. Is there a way to downgrade to previous firmware? 

Inhabitant
Message 257 of 260
Message 257 of 260

You can downgrade by flashtool only, plenty of How to do it posts around the net, best is probably on xda site, or somwhere around this forum..
When my device got back from service it also had problems with wi-fi, only disabling the connection on Xperia and restarting the router, than connect/find again helped, now it's fine... It's even better than on old motherboard i had, it connects to everything no problem.. It could be the particular motherboard series problem or preinstalled wi-fi modem on them. Don't know which I have now, there aren't any programs that would show current motherboard manufacturer or parts that are implemented on them.

I did these to work:
1. Restart home modem, power cable out for 30 sec.
2. Forget home connection on XZ1, Disable Xperia Wi-Fi, turn-OFF the phone,
3. Start the modem, wait for full and stable signal, and then start-up Xperia.

4. Add wi-fi connection, insert password key. Check the results.

Try to fix the software via Xperia companion if resetting router doesn't help, make full back-up first to your PC - file than repair !!

Best of luck this time!

One time poster
Message 258 of 260
Message 258 of 260

I've just updated and I'm having the same problems, it's driving me bonkers. Not just that but the phone is really slow and lagging. I'm having to tap the screen numerous times to get anywhere. I've tried restarting, soft resetting all the stuff you're supposed to do. It's just crap and now I am also looking at other brands too. I've had Sony phones for 20 years, had at least 4 xperia models plus tablets as well as my ipads and I'm finally done with Sony now. Recently bought a really cheap tablet from amazon for £40 as a spare device for work, wasn't expecting much at all but it's so much better than this piece of crap I'm using right now. Sony you've finally gone too far, your updates have just ruined my phones in the past and now this one is useless to me like this, I don't see why I should constantly update over and over again numerous times a day sometimes for a slower device, is this to make me buy your newest model? It's certainly worked before but not anymore! I'm done here. 

One time poster
Message 259 of 260
Message 259 of 260

how can i solve my wifi issue in siny xz1 i need to restart to connect the network otherwise sometimes it is not working wifi droping issue 

One time poster
Message 260 of 260
Message 260 of 260

This is my xz1 story.

After update to 2018 March - June Security Patch (i could not remember, sorry), my XZ1 start to crash. Okay, no problem, i wait sony to fix the problem.
After upgrading to Android Pie, the phone did not crash any more (Good? i don't think so) It is lag and battery dropping fast, so i use Xperia Companion to repair it (i really tried several time)
However, Android Pie wifi is crazy, it will stop functioning and showing a Wifi icon with a question mark if the phone is idle a while. If i try to turn on and off the wifi, it no longer works and never able to turn it on again until a reboot.

I try to turn off all google wifi new feature in pie, and it does not fix the issue. However i noticed the battery statistic screen is laggy sometimes while a rebooting fix it too, i dont know is there any relationship between them.

So after a long wait, from 2018 March - June to 2019 June, i changed to use another phone.
I asked sony staff for requesting a old 8.0 firmware, they refused to provide it.

Recently i downgrade my phone to another region 8.0 (47.1.A.12.75). I cannot trust the source file but i have no choice. Guest what? the wifi issue is solved and the battery is very good.

Here is the comment for Sony, if you care the customer, you should fix the problem instead of letting the product EOS without any possible fix. Thank you.