account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

SOLVED
Learner
Message 191 of 262
Message 191 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems

Guys, I had a WiFi problem but not anymore since the last update. The problem is solved. 

Enthusiast
Message 192 of 262
Message 192 of 262

My July update is worse than any previous, I'm currently sitting 4 ft from my modem posting this using my data.. Which has also been a bit on and off since the newest update 

Enthusiast
Message 193 of 262
Message 193 of 262

I used to be able to get a minute or 2 of WiFi before I had to reset it. July update the WiFi doesn't work with my superhub2 at all.. 

I think we need to start a new thread as support have ignored this one for about  the last 6 months 

If anyone from Sony is reading this we are heading for month 8 of no WiFi.. Can you advise on how to get out of my contract 

Adept
Message 194 of 262
Message 194 of 262

since the update yesterday, i got 47.1.a.12.235, i got this connection loss of WLAN too. sooo annoiying. SONY whats that all about?

Talent
Message 195 of 262
Message 195 of 262

I cant believe Sony is complete silence about this. 

I too have this. Its hard to simulate it for me , because i only loose it once per day in not specific circustances, but Sony ignoring this is just incredible.

Please spam this thread so someone from Sony may check this again because its OBVIOUSLY NOT SOLVED AS MARKED

Adviser
Message 196 of 262
Message 196 of 262

It's hard to believe but it looks like after the last update the problem is fixed for me at least. It only took Sony like half a year. But still I'm afraid they'll again and the problem will return.with some next update 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 197 of 262
Message 197 of 262

This phone has been flaky since day one. The wifi issue is the final straw: I'm going to get rid of this and go to Samsung or Apple. Sony, you have completely destroyed your brand.

Message 198 of 262
Message 198 of 262

Let me remind everyone the fact once again. Google wrote the security patch back in January and every brands includes Sony have no choice but implemented it into the phone since its deal with the meltdown/spectre vulnerability. So far it's Google Pixel, ZX1 phones are have the same problem and it look like Sony are skipped the 8.1 update straight to Android P...

One time poster
Message 199 of 262
Message 199 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

Hi, I've had consistent problems with wifi dropping. I was about to send phone for repair but from reading other users experiences of this it doesn't do anything.

I changed ISP and was able to get a static IP and that has made a massive difference to wifi not dropping.

Still super disappointed in the product and doubt I will buy another Sony product in the future due to the lack of Sony's response to what is quite clearly a defective product.

Thanks,

Gerard

Talent
Message 200 of 262
Message 200 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

The problem is no solved guys,

It will come back. mine stays without dropping for 2 weeks then somehow comes back.