account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 171 of 262
Message 171 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

I do have the same problem. I just got the phone three weeks ago when I had an option to select between Google Pixel and Sony Xperia XZ1. I picked Sony because I like it, but the Wi-Fi problem is a big issue. Unfortunately I can't return the phone but I am definitely not recommending this phone to my friends.Screenshot_20180601-230135.png

ezy
Commissioner
Message 172 of 262
Message 172 of 262

It is annoying.... like you I have VM and I have their app so that I can access VM hotspots etc....

With my old Z5 and an EE contract with a pathetic 5gb of data (the Z1 had 10gb of EE data but they kept reducing the amount on their fastest plan) the use of my home broadband was esential if I was not going to run out of data mid-month...

Luckily the XZ1 is on a 25gb Vodafone (which gives me 35Mbps, half EE's claim for their superfast but actually faster than EE delivered into my home - outside my road it was fine, but my road was awful) and so I can turn wifi off all day...

If I wasn't able to live on 4G then this would have really annoyed me and made me think twice about my next flagship phone being the 6th Sony Xperia in a row...   (the XZ2 styling has made me glad I went XZ1 anyway)

One time poster
Message 173 of 262
Message 173 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems

Me to facing same problem since 5 days. It has to be restart to resolve. Wt to do. 

Apprentice
Message 174 of 262
Message 174 of 262

Problem Wi-Fi XZ1 Screenshot_20180606-104025.png

Apprentice
Message 175 of 262
Message 175 of 262

XZ1 model G8341 Android 8.0.0 build number 47.1.A 12.179 After the updates, the WI-FI is disabled. You need a new update, fix the problem.

Visitor
Message 176 of 262
Message 176 of 262

I have same problem. Already update the latest version 47.1.A.12.205, fixed for a while but the problem sometimes happen again. Still need to restart the phone to fixed it. 

Highlighted
ezy
Commissioner
Message 177 of 262
Message 177 of 262

With the May security update (I know June has actually started rolling out, but I only got the May one in the last couple of days of May)....     It was still doing it "all the time" -   I decided to uninstall the Virgin Media wifi hotspot app...  and it did the connected/unconnected thing again with Wifi..    so thinking I would rather have the option of signing in to VM public places I reinstalled the VM wifi app and....  for the last 3 days it has not done the "connected but not connected" "x" error....  

however, when connected to wifi, the text service shows "SMS" with my RCS enabled contacts, if I turn wifi off and 4G is in the front seat, those contacts go instantly "chat" ready, turn wifi back on and those contacts go back to "SMS" ready... 

Adviser
Message 178 of 262
Message 178 of 262

sony dont care. I have the same phone and same problem and I send it to the support of Sony they call me after 3 weeks to tell me that I have to pay 300 euro because they say that its broken the Plate and chassis. So redicilous that company. Never again Sony. Also they tell me that I dont have any Warranty. The phone I have it 8 months. The worst ever mobile company. 

Enthusiast
Message 179 of 262
Message 179 of 262

Hopefully not Jinxing myself here but yesterdays update seems to have given me back my wifi which I've not had since the January update.. Has occasionally slow downs but I'm not having to turn it off and bk on every minute anymore 

Commissioner
Message 180 of 262
Message 180 of 262

I noticed the drops also.. You go thru YouTube watch vids and channels for 30-40 minutes, than the white screen comes "internal webpage error 404, can't refresh", I slide down toolbar and see an "x" over Wi-Fi icon and arrows next to "LTE+". That's ridiculus, it's 2018! It's like having issues with USB-A port, how can You mess up a tech. which is around us for years!
Solve it finally!

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>