account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 121 of 262
Message 121 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

I have Xperia XZ1 Dual and on the other hand I have different kind of Wi Fi connection problem wich I noticed after .119 update. I experience a HUGE ping spikes like from 20-30 ping trough 200-300 to up to 1000 ping. And the worst part is I got packet loss of  almost 15% of all pings sent. I got reliable Tp-Link router and in my home I tested out Xperias: XZ1 Compact, M5, Z2, SP, J, T3 , SGS8 and all of them works fine. I'm so angry now because I love to play online games on this device and now I can't due to disconecctions wich are truely frustrating.

Commissioner
Message 122 of 262
Message 122 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

These are not SONY's updates, these are Security Patch updates from Google, like clicking "Update database" on Avast or BitDefender.. Google updates internal software for hacking and trojan possibilities covering safety holes of Oreo. Non other sony UI's stuff is repaired or updated. Only official 8.1.0 can bring improvements and system fixes implemented by Sony itself.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Learner
Message 123 of 262
Message 123 of 262

Wi-Fi problem on 47.1.A.12.145

Wi-Fi disconnects randomly, switches to mobile data. 

Video about the issue:

Sony Xperia XZ1 Wi-Fi problem

Adviser
Message 124 of 262
Message 124 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problem on 47.1.A.12.145

^^^  Yep, exactly the same happening on my XZ1 Compact.  I heard that changing your router might help fix it, but why should I be doing it when every other of my wifi enabled devices work without a problem? 

Message 125 of 262
Message 125 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problem on 47.1.A.12.145

It's quite ridiculous that half of people here blamed Sony for the security update when it's coming straight from Google themselves and threatened to switch to other Oreo OS android phone which are now also have the similar issues with WiFi. 🙄 I had no problems with the WiFi between October and early Jan until I downloaded the security update. Dunno why it take Google ages to find a solution. 

Visitor
Message 126 of 262
Message 126 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems

i have same problem with more than 3 router and my latest build number is 47.1.A.12.145,

every time wi-fi disconnected and need to do restart for connection.

Adviser
Message 127 of 262
Message 127 of 262

Nobody says that the fault is exclusive to Sony, maybe it's not even theirs, but as a user of a phone and software of theirs, they should be giving me an explanation about why this error occurs to me and when it could be solved. If it is the fault of the security patch of January, I think that it has already had several months of margin to be able to give a solution, or at least to investigate because some people are presented with the error and others do not ...
At the moment they promised an update that would "fix" it for the last month and not only that it has not come, but that they have not said anything again.
Personally, in Sony Spain do not know how to leave the loop to restore the phone and wait for a miracle to make the connection is alone ... If it were for them, to run the wifi without problems I have to restore my phone every week ... And I'm not willing to pay the price of a high-end and receive the technical support of a local startup ...
Anyway, in my environment I have several phones of different brands, with patches between March and April, and none have these crazy Wi-Fi connection as it has this ... So I do not see so clear that it is the fault of the patch, or less not only of him ...

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 128 of 262
Message 128 of 262

Don't know now for sure... Sometimes Wi-Fi OK sometimes not... I had some issues a week ago after .145 update, mostly HBO Go couldn't connect or load another movie due to "connection lost or unstable" I restarted the phone, no software change and turned off router completly for 10 minutes. Than reloaded the connection and restarted Xperia once-more. Now I think Wi-Fi is back to normal, but is that a software issue or latest update issue? Don't have a clue. Seems like ocasional issue when few things connect and make it happen rather than regular no connection problem.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Inhabitant
Message 129 of 262
Message 129 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

Hello. So newest firmware has many bugs. I want to flash a older version.

What is they best version which has ni lag, wifi drop,...?

Message 130 of 262
Message 130 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

Don't think you can flash the phone with old security patch. It's not an OS update though.