account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

SOLVED
Adept
Message 91 of 262
Message 91 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

had no issue until the lastest update (march security patch) need patch asap

Commissioner
Message 92 of 262
Message 92 of 262

Have You checked Router security system settings, or maybe there's an AntiVir app on your device that could block connection as un-safe?
Some home-routers need to "Add a trusty device" manually in router settings.
I have huawei-based router from TV-provider and it connects every-time no problem.
Do You have "always scan for wi-fi in background" or any other setting turned-OFF, that might corrupt the connection??
Is it related to a one specific router or any router met.. job, friend, family, shop-center free wi-fi?

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Adviser
Message 93 of 262
Message 93 of 262

^^^ Why do I have to check my router security setting if every single other device is working correctly and Never have any issues with WiFi? (PS4, Xbox, Z3 Compact, Xiaomi redmi 4x, laptop, etc.). Doesn't make any sense.

Preinstalled AVG antivirus app is disabled from the first day(you can't delete it).

Always scan for WiFi is turned off.

Btw I did Software Repair via Xperia Companion several times and reset all data, no effect.

Still losing connection once a day, only reboot helps or activating Flight mode for some time and then reactivating WiFi.

Still I don't get why some people are experiencing these problems and others don't. Sony should've fixed this a long long time ago

Adviser
Message 94 of 262
Message 94 of 262

Based on the fact that the wifi stopped working after the January update, there is no possibility that the problem is outside the phone... Unless an OTA desconfigure all the phone and my router ...

Adviser
Message 95 of 262
Message 95 of 262

That is really strange. My XZ1 has absolutely no problems with WiFi networks. I am using a Mesh WiFi at home, with identical SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz networks. In the router settings, it is allowed that devices may switch the networks to always find the best connection. I did notice that the phone sometimes temporarily loses WiFi if only a 2.4 GHz network is available. But it reconnects within seconds in my case.

The April Update .145 is just around the corner - let's see if it fixes your problems.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 96 of 262
Message 96 of 262

Try to turn Always scan for WiFi - ON, and "don't notify bout open WiFi's".
Maybe Stamina mode disconnects Wi-Fi when when the screen is OFF to save accu.
Also try advanced developer settings available after clicking multiple times on "Compilation number" then return to previous screen and scroll thru settings, maybe some Wi-Fi settings can be changed or enabled.
Hope You find something

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Adviser
Message 97 of 262
Message 97 of 262

All the solutions that you indicate to me, at least, I have tried them ... In fact, it's all totally stock ... With the same configuration, in 47.1.A.8.49 the wifi does not do anything weird ... From the 47.1.A.12.34 onwards, every 24 hours it disconnects and stops seeing wifis networks ... And in both I use the same configuration, both on the phone and the router ... In fact, from sony españa they examined these possibilities and none was the cause ... It seems that the problem comes from the interaction, they do not know well because, between the wifi connection and the location services ...

One time poster
Message 98 of 262
Message 98 of 262

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

I had the same problem if the smartphone always has connected with Wlan 5Ghz (IEEE 802.11Ac). Now I have deactivated in my router 5Ghz Wlan and now the smartphone is stable with 2.4Ghz IEEE 802.11 b+n+g) Wlan. Though it is slower, however, maybe it helps ;-)

Regular
Message 99 of 262
Message 99 of 262

Two phones. Latest firmware (47.1.A.12.145)
The problem is not solved. It is observed with different access points (Zyxel, TPLInk, ASUS) on 2.4GHz.
Please, everyone who has a problem - write. If we leave it without attention - Sony will not do anything. The software support period will end and we will remain alone with the problem.

Adviser
Message 100 of 262
Message 100 of 262

A couple of times I had a similar problem. The first time I noticed that the speed fell, helped turn off-turn on, and the second time the smartphone saw the access point, but did not connect until I rebooted it, because turning off-turning on wi-fi did not help. I use MikroTik hap ac lite, and Ubiquity access points. With the past Nexus 5X this did not happen, this is my first Sony.