account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

White spots on my screen

Adept
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

White spots on my screen

Ok so I saw that my screen had two horizontal whiter lines when it displayed white and one vertical above them. I first thought that it was damaged pixels but then I put pressure on the back panel and the white lines changed color as you can see in the second photo. I believe that is something in the back of the screen that puts pressure on those three spots. Sony here in Greece is not helpfull at all!!!

Edit: Just put other photos that I edited with black and white filter so that you can clearly see the problem.

LRM_EXPORT_1010297357842_20181004_135226505.jpegLRM_EXPORT_1075577176359_20181004_135331785.jpeg
DSC02787.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Regular
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: White spots on my screen

Screenshot_20180915-144726.png

Thats the official statement from Sony. I also had the same issue before, but my authorized dealer which is 2 Degeees has given me a screen replacement for my unit because it is still under warranty. Better call your phone dealer, they might repair or have your screen replace. 

Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Hi did the the screen replacement solved the issue? Just wanted to know

Talent
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

i have the same thing. 2 white dots (not that strong) but

@Jr8 wrote:

Hi did the the screen replacement solved the issue? Just wanted to know

pretty visible when scrolling on white pages.

Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Ya I have the dots appear when I swipe up and down, thinking whether to send it back for repair. It might take a month for them to fix it. but my doubt is will they be able to actually fix it. Or will I be just wasting my time. 

Adept
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Read the post again. This is not the problem I have

Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

These white or dark spots appear along with the lines only when screen is wiped or swiped .. You must contact Sony or the retailer if you have any other problem on the phone

Adept
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

They are always there and it is getting worst. An other one appeared just above them. I am sure that something is pressuring the screen from behind. Sony support in Greece is very bad. They always find ways not to help you. I'm so scared for my phone If I decide to take it there... That is the only reason I hadn't contected them. Is it worth the trouble? If it keeps getting worst, then no...

Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Get it replaced, this might be bad. The pressure points should be never there, I think it is better to contact Sony or the retailer to get it fixed or replaced 

Rookie
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hey, my smartphone has the same type of white spots but guarantee service refuses to fix it and they say that the guarantee is invalid