account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Where is the caller ID and spam menu

Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Where is the caller ID and spam menu

I have the XZ1, with Android 8.0.0

According to Google, the menu should be in the phone app with the current version :

"

• Open your device's Phone app phone.
  • Tap More More and then Settings and then Caller ID & spam.
  • Turn Caller ID & spam on or off.
  • Optional: To stop spam calls from ringing on your phone, turn on Filter suspected spam calls." 

But on my device with a updates, it doesn't show up - - any ideas where to find it?  

6 REPLIES 6
Pioneer
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Where is the caller ID and spam menu

Hi @Krzystof;

As far as I know that is an option off the Google Phone app, not Sony's Phone app

Regular
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

You may be right, but there is zero reason for Sony to have their own phone app, when it lacks features from the Google native app.  I wish Sony would just use the Google versions of every app which are manifestly superior, at least until Sony's own software design & coding team can make something that improves on the Google versions.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Did anyone find that feature available in the new version of Xperia  I am having Sony Xperia XZ Premium and cannot find this feature.  That's really annoying seeing Samsung or etc having it working. Seems Sony is allway behind a curve of some new features. 

Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Gedi 

This is not available on Sony's phone app as stated above

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The type of Phone App installed may be a regional thing or maybe the Compact is different because I have the Google App on my XZ1C and it has the Spam Filters.

I don't think the filters where there when I bought the phone shortly after its launch, If I remember correctly  they came with an update to the App, via Google Play.

The version I have is 29.0.235653342

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Yeah this one is really annoying. Also on the stock phone app the block number function is very very basic (just able to type numbers with the keybord even without the possibility to add a name to identify the number. Also, can't add from contact list).