account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Volume Warning dialog

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Volume Warning dialog

Is there any reason why this cant be turned off? 

I understand its for legal reasons, but it is highly frustrating to have to dismiss and raise the volume again. Especially when i use mostly bluetooth in my car. 

Most other android phones i have used (Samsung, Pixel, Oneplus) show the notification once. Then thats it. Having a check box to tick to say you understand the risks would be ideal. As i mostly use bluetooth speakers anyway the degree of volume control i get is higher when the devices volume is high. 

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Volume Warning dialog

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove this notification. however, it should only pop once every time it is connected to a accessory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Vildar!

I understand that this can be very annoying, however this is because of an European standard EN called 50332-2 and some of the features for this standard are:

• The maximum output from the PMP and headphones must not be greater than 100 dB.
  • The user must be actively warned if the sound pressure level exceeds 85 dB for more than 20 hours per week. On Xperia devices, a pop-up warning will appear on the screen.

The safety caution can't be turned off, and in Sony Mobile's implementation it affects both wired accessories and connected Bluetooth accessories.

The sensitivity of the headphones will have a large influence of the sound level. The higher the sensitivity of the headphones, the louder they will play for the same input voltage. This means that for the same input level, different headphones may or may not provoke the pop-up sound level warning.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thats fair enough. Just would have been nice to acknoledge the warning so we know about it, and it never need to tell us again. 
Our own fault if we damage our hearing then! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi again @Vildar!

I understand exactly what you mean, however I do not have any information as to why this can't be done, I might have something to do with the European standard. I'll however make sure to forward your thoughts on this internally as user feedback! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Regular
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I understand there are some EU regulations, but it's not as annoying on non-Sony phones. Please do something about it. It's also dangerous if it happens while driving.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @chamye!

I don't know how it looks in other devices, so if you have any suggestion, let me know and I'll make to forward it internally as user feedback!

Do note that I can't promise that this will be changed though. Slightly frowning Face