account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Very bad battery life xz1

Adept
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Very bad battery life xz1

Anyone facings bad battery life ?  These stats are awful...Screenshot_20180419-145544.png

12 REPLIES 12
Adviser
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Very bad battery life xz1

We would need more information to help diagnose the possible issue. What's your SoT (screen on time)? Is your LTE connection consistent or spotty?

Adept
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

3hours sot. LTE is consistent.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Most of the time using WiFi but if will make 30 phone calls will won't survive till evening without charging I think my 2 years old z3 had the same battery lifetime then new xz1 

Learner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Screenshot_20180429-180202.pngMine is doing really well, average sot of 7hrs. About 10-15% battery left.

Learner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Lessen your screen brightness and put. 30 sec. on screen on time. It will help the battery stay longer. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I work under dirext sunlight with LTE. Wish it could do better than 3 hours sot. It can't last 12 working hours.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

When STAMINA is OFF yes, the battery seems too small, but if We can sacrifiece "better videos and sharper photos" We can put phone to constant STAMINA mode, like Z2 and Z3 had.. Ok maybe We can't use the Xperias as portable game centres, but if We don't play a lot, just occasionly I can assure, it works longer than most phones on market. Compared lately in work with HTC One M9, and Galaxy S7 edge, standby time with few games we had..,mostly chess on-line, 4G (due to similar battery packs and screen sizes, I'm not going to fight against Xiaomi MI Plus with 4000mAh accu, cause it's tottaly different class with 5,9" screen).
4 hours of play:
-One M9 (64%, standard mode)
-S7 Edge (59%)
-XZ1 (62%, STAMINA ON)

I would say... not bad.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Adept
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Stamina mode makes xz1 unusable. It drops performance to minimum. 

Pioneer
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hi @dimipsal;

You have 3 levels of Stamina mode, choose Device Performance Preferred.

The battery time dependes very much of device type of usage, several settings, and apps installed.