account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Very Poor support

One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Very Poor support

I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 with two issues.

1.  I cannot get it to print a label on a Brother E550W label printer using the Brother label tool app.

2. I cannot get it to communicate properly with an Enphase Envoy S gatewate device using the Enphase toolkit app.

On both failures I use Direct WiFi to connect to the third party devices.  The XZ1 establishes a WiFi connection , obtains an IP address and informs me that there is no internet connection.

I then open the respective app and try to communicate but to no avail.

To establish that it's not the third party device or app I used different phones to connect without any issues.

For the Brother E550W I used my old Z2 and a Samsung S9 connection was flawless and I was able to do anything I needed to do.

For the Enphase Envoy S I used two different Apple IPhones and had now issues.

I've had serveral conversations by email with Sony Support who have done everything they can to say it's not their phone but the other third party devices that are at problem.

Basic fault finding techniques are to rule out one or they other by establishing which works and which doesn't and the common problem is the Sony Xperia XZ1. 

I'm now at the point were I give up on Sony forever and move to another manufacturer. Which is a shame as I've always bought Sony TV, DVD players and music systems. 

Poor service Sony.

Andrew Law