account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Two sides of the screen are unreachable, i cannot hit any button on the sides of the screen

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Two sides of the screen are unreachable, i cannot hit any button on the sides of the screen

And i also can't swipe down the bottom of the screen. Should i give my xperia back? 

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Two sides of the screen are unreachable, i cannot hit any button on the sides of the screen

Hi @Ueeeee,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

I recommend that you try these methods. Verify whether there is any change in behavior after each method, before trying the next one.

• Make sure you have removed the temporary transparent protection film that covers the screen when you first buy your Xperia device.
  • Check the touchscreen performance by using Diagnostic. To do so, go to: Settings > System > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Touchscreen.
  • Wipe the screen with a clean and dry cloth to make sure that your display is clean. Make sure that your hands and fingers are clean and dry before using the touchscreen.
  • Remove any protective case, screen protection film or cover to verify it's not interfering with the touchscreen.
  •  Restart/Force restart your device. You can do this if you press and hold volume up and the on/off key simultaneously for at least 10 seconds.
  • Disable Magnification gestures. You will find the option for this under: Settings > Accessibility > Magnification > Off.
  • Reboot your device to safe mode to see if this behavior may be caused by one of your downloaded apps, as these are temporarily disabled in this mode
  • Perform a software repair using Xperia Companion

Let me know if there is any change after trying these methods.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.