account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Transfer Wifi settings

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Transfer Wifi settings

@Andrej123

On your XZ1

settings > system > backup > is it on?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

@uliwooly wrote:

@Andrej123

On your XZ1

settings > system > backup > is it on?

Yes, with the same google account.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

@Andrej123

If you check under your Gmail/Google account, are you syncing everything?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Talent
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

@uliwooly wrote:

@Andrej123

If you check under your Gmail/Google account, are you syncing everything?

Yes and it works but there are things like Chrome or Google Fit.

Under settings →backup→ device settings it says waiting for backup (never ending)

Talent
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

I've done a factory reset and now it works Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

@Andrej123

Great news Slightly smiling Face 

Adviser
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

I have the same problem. I want to transfer wifi networks from Z3 to XZ1 via Xperia transfer, with no success. Is it possible to help me? After factory reset oφ the phone, Xperia transfer was working?

Regular
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

having the same problem, upgrading from an XZ1 to XZ2.

With Transfer Mobile under Apps & Settings, WiFi networks, it is grayed out and says "No Data" even though there are hundreds of networks saved on the XZ1. Does XTM not transfer saved networks anymore under Oreo (8.0)? Unfortuantely, even though Google's own backup supposedly saved the networks, they never were restored from them either on the XZ2. Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

It is strange.. The only solution till now was the google backup. If this not working anymore, i am afraid that you have to put them again manually. Does anyone understands why the remove usefull features after every update or model?

Regular
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

I'm wondering in my case, with over 400+ (!) saved networks (I travel a fair amount Winking Face), if I've gone over some limit, either with the Android OS or Xperia Transfer. I know there used to be a ceiling of around 200 networks a few years ago with Android itself, like Lolipop or something.