account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

System update

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

System update

Why, after I've installed the update on the the phone, does it then tell me there's a system update? I've updated the system 5 times now and it's still telling me there's an update? 

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: System update

@LordSean08 

It has been reported before, it seems that it install update by update until it installs the latest one

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi @LordSean08, welcome to our forum!

Have you very recently started using the device for the first time or have you not done the system updates when you have received a notification about one being available?

If you have recently started using the device, there has been a lot of updates since it was released about 2 years ago and these needs to be done, one at the time.

Just to make sure that you are installing a new update each time, go to Settings > (System) > About phone > write down the number that you find under "Version" > install the update and check if the number has been changed. If it has, you have installed a new version.

You can install all of them at once but this requires you to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion and this will delete all data stored on the internal storage, so I would only recommend doing this if you haven't started setting up the device yet.

I hope that answers your question and have a nice day! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Jonas, will give it a go. 

Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Today there was an upgrade of the system to version 47.2.A.11.228 what is new in it?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@LordSean08, perfect! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else and have a nice weekend.

@Sportsman, I'm afraid that I don't have a change log, but there should at least be a new security patch from Google included in the update.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks Jonas, I persisted through several more updates and everything seems tickety boo. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@LordSean08, perfect! Slightly smiling Face

I had to Google "tickety boo" as I have never heard of that before, but seems it's slang for "everything is OK"! Slightly smiling Face

Have a nice Monday!

Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Ha ha ha, yes, its a very old English phrase. Have a nice day Jonas. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@LordSean08, haha! Slightly smiling Face

I recently watched Top Boy on Netflix and picked up on some new UK slang, but I guess most of that is used in certain areas.

I think the show is mostly about East London, Hackney to be precise.