account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Super Slow Motion after android 9 update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Super Slow Motion after android 9 update

Hi All

Today mobile System was upgraded to Android 9. After that i noted that it is not possible to start to record a video at normali speed to shoot just when it is the right moment the slow video

Now you need to decide in advance if you want to record normale or slow and in this case you can record just a 2 sec slow video

My xperia xz1 Lost The best functionality.... 

Did you Experience The same?

I already contacted Sony help chat and they confirmed the news

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: Super Slow Motion after android 9 update

In Android 9 Pie you have two options for super slow motion:

1) 720p resolution with around 5 sec super slowmo time (same as in Oreo)

2) 1080p resolution which is around half the time of 720p

And when you open the app its just two clicks away. So I dont understand why someone would get frustrated about that.

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Espositone;

No, that is not the case, you have the same functions you had before, better, now you can record super slow motion in Full HD (the about 3 sec), if you choose just in HD you will have the normal about 6 sec.

If you want to record at normal speed and then decide to record a frame in super slow motion, open the camera>mode>slow motion>top right cog wheel>slow motion mode>super slow motion.

Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

In Android 9 Pie you have two options for super slow motion:

1) 720p resolution with around 5 sec super slowmo time (same as in Oreo)

2) 1080p resolution which is around half the time of 720p

And when you open the app its just two clicks away. So I dont understand why someone would get frustrated about that.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks All

My bad... Navigating as per Your instructions I found what I looking for... 

And I discovered the new ones... Thanks again

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

It would be cool if the option were right there during normal recording. So you record a normal video then have the freedom of doing slow mo without having to go toggle through it.

SONY listen up.