account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sun hue on daytime photos

Commissioner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sun hue on daytime photos

Hi,
Maybe not a typical issue here, but rather dissapointment. On many direct sun-light photos, like if We want to make some nice and vivid captures of nature the lens glass ruins it. It's great as it is a gorilla cover so it stays without scratches for long time, but I think it's missing the UV filter film that was used in all Z-series.I tried everything to solve it... W5 glassess wipes, Alcohol moistured microfibre, and paper towel with fat removing "Fairy" for dishes :-P 
Anyone can confirm or has the same results, We have the same lens XZ1, XZ2 and XZ3 oweners!

DSC_6284.JPG

DSC_6283.JPG

DSC_6269.JPG

Sunsets however seem completly fine, without bluish hue:

DSC_4820[1].JPG

Any ideas? Tips? 

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sun hue on daytime photos

@hedrox87

Can you confirm that you're not using any phone case or back panel screen protector?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Completly none... I only bought a Nillkin H9 Pro for front screen and some basic silicone skin which is dark graphite. In that case I used the same manufacturer that I had for last Z2, cause the camera stands up from the whole chassiss, did't want to scratch it on table.. The camera hole is big and now the silicon body and aluminum ring are at +/- same height, but the cover doesn't stay over the lens. 

Silicon Case.jpg

Something like that, but of corse dedicated to XZ1 not compact... Coudn't find the photo of my phone Face with stuck-out Tongue

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@hedrox87

Can you try taking similar photos without the case installed?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I'll try.. I come back with the results ASAP today..

Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Here are some examples... It all depands on light conditions, even if lens look absolutely clean and scratch free. As shown on the photos I take care of it, and it's still in "out of the box" condition, no drops, scratches..

DSC01685.JPGDSC01689.JPG

DSC01692.JPG

Shots from today...(no silicon case, just free hand)

DSC_6298.JPGDSC_6305.JPGDSC_5684.JPG

DSC_6300.JPGDSC_6275.JPGDSC_6288.JPG

So overall performance is good as expected from XZ1, problem appears when sunlight hits the lens less directly, like 20-45 degree from aside... So sunsets and sunrises look great and sharp, but when we want to light up a scene, or bug in macro and the sun is aside, so we don't get any on-photo shadow of us holding a phone, than it appears.
My guess is it is how the lens is built and covered and no polishing will resolve the hue.