account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Streaming Bluetooth audio in car

Apprentice
Message 1 of 30
Message 1 of 30

Streaming Bluetooth audio in car

Hi guys, I got new Sony XZ1 and have a weird problem with BT streaming. It may be very light question/solution but my car does not read the streamed music titles. I also cannot change the songs via the hardware buttons on the steering wheel. However, with the Samsung phones it worked perfectly well. Any idea? 

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 30
Message 2 of 30

Re: Streaming Bluetooth audio in car

@MohamadYounes seems to me a bluetooth protocol missmatch somewhere. Can you please tell me what application are you using to stream music, what car stereo (especially: year).

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Apprentice
Message 3 of 30
Message 3 of 30

Hi YoGem,

Thanks for your reply

You are right, it has to do with bluetooth profiles. 

My car is VW Golf 7 Model 2016, and streaming music via Spotify. 

With other phones I had no problem at all, but with the new hero XZ1 seems bit challenging

Any idea how to fix it? 

Cheers

Mohamad

Sage
Message 4 of 30
Message 4 of 30

In this very same forum there is this thread https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Xperia-XZ1-can-not-play-song-to-my-car-with-Spotify/m-p/12... regarding car stereo, bluetooth and BMW, which comes from the save automotive manufacturer.

This Google's thread it's about nexus and bluetooth connection problem: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/phone-by-google/iJeDphsoOJ4/FzR9f2w_BwAJ

Until now Nexus line was the only one sporting Oreo but now Xperias are being distributed. If the older phones are working, then the new one have to work without any doubt.

Bluetooth' s compatibility list for BMW and Wolkswagen is only up to Z5 (and Peugeot too, I checked because I own one) so, in case of incompatibility they can turn us back.

Automotives company are very conservative in releasing new firmware or car stereo setups because a lot of car's parameter setups are located in the touch screen.

I hope Sony will help us and quickly address any of this issues because car's handsfree is an important part of driving safety. Naive solutions like reboot, disconnect or re-pairing the phone while driving is far from being a solution, sure not a good way to start with a new phone.

Adviser
Message 5 of 30
Message 5 of 30

Similar problem with my car - 2014 Kia Sorrento, using Amazon music. 

No display or track selection available, but streams and bsc/forward works OK

Last phone was a Moto X Style/Pure

Sage
Message 6 of 30
Message 6 of 30

Does standard music app works?

Learner
Message 7 of 30
Message 7 of 30

Hi Mohamad,

To get everything working like your old Samsung did, you'll have to change the Bluetooth AVRCP from 1.6 to 1.4.

How to do this:

Go to Settings=>System=>About this phone and tap a few times on the Build-nummer header (on the bottom of the screen). If you tapped it a few times, the phone will grant you the "Developer" permissions. Go one screen back (System) and you'll find a new rule/header "{ Options for developers }".

Click on it and scroll down until you see "Bluetooth-AVCRP-Version" change this from 1.6 to 1.4.

I'll hope this will fix it and excuse my English translation for the options since my phone is completely in Dutch Face with stuck-out Tongue.

Happy streaming!

Sage
Message 8 of 30
Message 8 of 30

@VTShahn

Tomorrow I will receive mine and I will try your trick.

@Quester

If the above trick works, would you escalate to developers, please? It should be automatic, or this device's  bluetooth should be fixed to support downward AVCRP profiles.

Sage
Message 9 of 30
Message 9 of 30

So the phone has landed in my pocket...

Track name was not sent to car stereo.The same was happening with Sony's headset SBH54: https://www.sonymobile.com/it/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headset-sbh54/

The suggestion to downgrade the AVCRP protocol from 1.6 to 1.4 via developer option worked.

I wrote to the local support and I hope that they will forward this information to developer. I leave the information on this forum hoping that developer will read it faster.

One more thing (for the developers). Our Z3c and Z5c used to send mobile carrier information which, was in turn, displayed on the car stereo. XZ1 display the name "CARD1" instead of my carrier's name.

I attach the hardcopy of the screen.

DSC_1252.JPG

Apprentice
Message 10 of 30
Message 10 of 30

Same problem with my car bluetooth (VW) and The XZ1.. The titles of the songs aren't visible at the carscreen..