account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony, you able to make your fans happy - camera improvements list

Adviser
Message 31 of 46
Message 31 of 46

Re: Sony, you able to make your fans happy - camera improvements list

:smileysmileywink: 
yes, I also though about that and it is why I decided not to wait

Apprentice
Message 32 of 46
Message 32 of 46

Great.. sell the XZ1 now....

I have a Nikon for great photos.It makes much better photos than the RX100m4 but I need a phone with a camera which is atleast somthing good as the Galaxy S6..... Unfortunately no Xperia cameras can compete with it.... poor sony

Apprentice
Message 33 of 46
Message 33 of 46

Well, most likely sony has an agreement that if they sell their camera to iphone and samsung, they must sell the better version (sensors & image processing) from sony's own mobile phone. 

Just like Sony TV, which amazing, better than Samsung and LG, eventhough Sony TV are made by LG. This one for example : https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/ces/2017/1/10/14222986/sony-bravia-oled-lg-display-ces-2017

I wish I could be happier using my XZ1, but really, nothing special with this phone, also i got a defective shadow display. 

Adviser
Message 34 of 46
Message 34 of 46

Well, most likely sony has an agreement that if they sell their camera to iphone and samsung, they must sell the better version (sensors & image processing) from sony's own mobile phone. 

If it is true then Sony violates that agreement with Sony RX100 (M1-M5), because another photo cameras are not better Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 35 of 46
Message 35 of 46

I have a Nikon for great photos.It makes much better photos than the RX100m4

I am not sure that it makes much  better photos :smileysmileywink:
It depends of what Nikon you have.

Adviser
Message 36 of 46
Message 36 of 46

I'm sure that this isn't that reason. Problem is not in hardware, problem is in software. Sins Xperia S, Sony with camera, goes on it's own way, with aggressive noice canceling soft. Every pixel is owerwritten even in very good light condition... Why? Why we can't have picture in RAW? I thing/know , it's just because, RAW is clear that what can your hardware. And sensors in XZ1, cane do more, that we see right now.

It's just my opinion.

Sorry for my English.

Apprentice
Message 37 of 46
Message 37 of 46

maybe because it's on different business?

@maximbwrote:

If it is true then Sony violates that agreement with Sony RX100 (M1-M5), because another photo cameras are not better Slightly smiling Face

Maybe because it's on different business/divison? They decided to use their own best sensor & not to sell them at premium price.

Apprentice
Message 38 of 46
Message 38 of 46

After reading all this, looks like the message is: stay away from sony, they stopped to care about us, customers. 

Really disappointing that they didn't answer at all to this thread. 

Adept
Message 39 of 46
Message 39 of 46

Its not about agreements, its not about sensors its about OIS, EIS and post processing. Sony hasn't implemented OIS or EIS in xz1 and in addition, sony camera software is very poor in post prossesing. If you get in manual settings, choose 1 sec ss, a fixed iso and place the phone on a tripod. Then you ll find out that sensor is fine but lacks of the things that i mentioned.

Pioneer
Message 40 of 46
Message 40 of 46

I see all kind of suspense. Nerd Face

Don't worry what's behind it.

Just buy what you like most and is affordable.

Be happy with what you bought.

Although it's a pity when you are disappointed in a product you buy.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't