account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony, you able to make your fans happy - camera improvements list

Adviser
Message 21 of 46
Message 21 of 46

Re: Sony, you able to make your fans happy - camera improvements list

Teddy1980, but how to check your photos if their dimensione here are 999x749? It is too small dimension to check, because witsh such dimension even 15 years old photos will look good. Please post original photos where people can check their Exif and details.

I know what is Pixel XL, and I do not belive Sony XZ1 can do the same now (with such Sony XZ1 camera software). They are still blurred and lack of details, because of bad Sony XZ1 noise reduction algorithm (also the same problem with HDR). Also, there was no any camera updates last weeks.

Adviser
Message 22 of 46
Message 22 of 46

Sorry the photos were original size, i didn’t realise the forum would reduce their size and file quality.

How do I post the pictures in the original format?

Adviser
Message 23 of 46
Message 23 of 46

@r2d3 who said there was a camera update last week? This is news to me?

I am using build number 47.1.A.12.34

Adviser
Message 24 of 46
Message 24 of 46

Yes, I know, I just mean that maybe I missed some SonyXZ1 update which fix that camera issue, but there were no any updates ... unfortunatelly ...

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 25 of 46
Message 25 of 46

Teddy1980,
This is the link to russian forum where people argue/compare what smartphone camera is better. If you will register there, you will be ablo to see full size images and zoom to 100% to see details.

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=410214&view=findpost&p=69910634

I did some crops to show what is Sony XZ1 quality with Sony camera software which kills all photo details. I have the same bad quality if I use Sony camera app.

So, the following Sony XZ1 photo and photo from U11

Sony XZ1 photo
sonyxz.pngSony XZ1

HTC U11 Photo
u11.pngHTC U11 photo

One time poster
Message 26 of 46
Message 26 of 46

Will Sony fix camera issues and when we can expect that?

Hi Sony,

Will Sony fix camera issues and when we can expect that?
Could you say some words about your progress on these issues?

I think it doesn't make sense to explain what issues, because there are many topics about that.
Briefly:
- low photo details, blurred details like watercolor blots

- wrong white balance in some condition like slightly red white when snow and low light conditions (evening)

- etc.

Thank you.

Adviser
Message 27 of 46
Message 27 of 46

The only thing I really, really need as soon as possible is a SMOOTH zoom while capturing videos. The current behavior of the zoom is way too rough! At it's current state it's almost unusable.

Adviser
Message 28 of 46
Message 28 of 46

Don't you guys have three same fillings ,that camera theme is tabu for Sony, according to Smartphone?

I'm very, very disappointed.. They have disabled two most important things in photography. The first is RAW(that shows fool hardware potential), and the second is limited SS speed (low ISO value+more SS speed and you have super photo in low light)

And is really, really hard to become your question answered, from Sony support. I know it sins my Xperia S.

And I'm pretty disappointed, that I have changed my OnePlus 3 to XZ1.

Adviser
Message 29 of 46
Message 29 of 46

Resolved Sony XZ1 camera bad quality issue ... I've purchased RX100M3

Adviser
Message 30 of 46
Message 30 of 46

Bingo! That is exactly why we will never had so good as they cane make it for smartphone camera! Because they have to sell also theyr camera.😎