account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony, you able to make your fans happy - camera improvements list

Adviser
Message 11 of 46
Message 11 of 46

Re: Sony, you able to make your fans happy - camera improvements list

Great and detailed suggestions!

But again no response from Sony about camera ...

Adviser
Message 12 of 46
Message 12 of 46

My old Nexus 5X take a better photos, and spoils the picture of aggressive noise reduction, where the branches of trees turn into porridge.

Sony, this is your flagship phone, that can present your company, and what do I see? This is my first phone from Sony.

Learner
Message 13 of 46
Message 13 of 46

Regarding Camera

Sony done a wonderful job! The XZ1... 

We need some improvements in camera, especially in software side like Auto Focus and Picture quality. I strongly recommend that add auto focus in Manuel mode,like some other phones (example: oppo and vivo). It will be an added advantage... Otherwise you can add a auto/Manuel focus toggle switch.

Talent
Message 14 of 46
Message 14 of 46

Guys, forget about it. Sony will never optimize the camera algoritm. They did their best when developing the phone. Unfortunetly, they lag behind competition and they developers are definitly not that good.

Forget about it. No manufacture makes firmwares with improved image quality. Its like ultra rare when they do and when they do its because something very bad happened like a bug or something like that. Not the case here. Its not a bug, its just bad quality compared to others.

Sorry to burst your hopes on it.

Adviser
Message 15 of 46
Message 15 of 46

Sorry to burst your hopes on it.

Np, I hope Sony will fix these issue, because they can be fixed in the current Sony XZ1,
otherwise we will burst Sony hopes when they will provide new Sony model. I think they understand that if it will not be fixed, people will choise another brand, but not Sony.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 16 of 46
Message 16 of 46

I would like to suggest to check photos made by another smartphone brands (middle price and even low price).
You will see Sony XZ1 camera weakest for today. There is the way how to do good photo in good light condition, but it is difficult, only 3 - 5% of Sony XZ1 users will be able to do that. In bad light condition, it is almost impossible to force Sony XZ1 to make good photo even using third-party camera software.

Adviser
Message 17 of 46
Message 17 of 46

Hey Sony Slightly smiling Face

3 weeks, but no response,
I think Sony fans want to hear something good from you about new camera improvements Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 18 of 46
Message 18 of 46

Sony camera and GCam

Hello Sony,

There are many topics about bad Sony camera software which produces low quality and blurred photos. OK, if you are not able to fix that Sony issue, could you make GCam (Google Camera) be compatible with your device Sony XZ1?

The following is discussion about that (there is no much difference between XZ premium or XZ1, both have the same Sony sofware)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz-premium/help/gcam-pixelxl-camera-software-xz-premium-t3603403

It will be possible to port it (GCam) to Xz Premium if camera results will be bad with stock Sony software?
Not working The stock camera is really really bad for Premium an NO third party camera are working OK with the Sony sensor...
It will be a dream to have a version of Gcam working on Xperia Premium. 

Thank you

Adviser
Message 19 of 46
Message 19 of 46

I really rate the XZ1 camera, Ive been putting it up against a Pixel XL (1st gen) and its every bits its equal. There have definitley been some software impovements in the last few months as I agree when I first got my XZ1 it could loose some detail that the Pixel captured.

Adviser
Message 20 of 46
Message 20 of 46

The colours on the XZ1 picture are much closer to reality than the Pixel XL there's also more detail captured if you zoom in you can see a difference.

The Pixel XL is a stunning phone, the camera is its standout feature, but having used it back to back with an XZ1 for the last few months I'm happy to retire the Pixel now.

Photo quality is one of the most important aspects of a phone for my job so I cannot compromise hence running two phones back to back.