account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Slow charging with non QC3.0 supplies

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Slow charging with non QC3.0 supplies

When I try to charge my Xperia XZ1 with an adapter or powerbank which has 1,5A or 2A output, my phone is receiving only 0,5A.

Therefore it takes to much hours to charge with adapter. If I try to charge with powerbank, powerbank turns itself off due to low consumption.

There is no problem if I charge with a supply with QC3.0 support.

Is there any solution for this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
Learner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow charging with non QC3.0 supplies

Is there any Sony Xperia Support Staff to reply this topic?

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@SiLGEC wrote:

Is there any Sony Xperia Support Staff to reply this topic?

Iam not Sony official support staff, but still from my experience 1.5A kinda low or not enough for xz1. But it will charge very slowly and battery care can't shift to higher amp since it's non QC charger. Atleast 2A or 2.4A charger adapter is required for normal charging. 

If using powerbank most common ones are 1.5 or 2A at 5volt which does only slow charge xz1 . Always use Sony original adapter volt and watt range to charge the phone and avoid Chinese 3rd party manufacturers. If using it should be certified branded ones. 

Same case for car charger too... Need atleast 2.4A for proper charging.. 1.5 A normal ones slows down..and takes more time..

Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

My problem is phone is not receiving max output of charger.

I have Sony adapter (5V 1,5A) of my old phone and I need to use it sometimes.

Even if it has 1,5A output, XZ1 only receives 0,5A. Why doesn't it receive 1,5A?

It takes too long to charge with non QC3.0 adapter.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@SiLGEC wrote:

My problem is phone is not receiving max output of charger.

I have Sony adapter (5V 1,5A) of my old phone and I need to use it sometimes.

Even if it has 1,5A output, XZ1 only receives 0,5A. Why doesn't it receive 1,5A

It takes too long to charge with non QC3.0 adapter.

That is normal... I can't charge my XZ Premium with Z2 charger..which has 1.5A. 

That's kind of bcos when u check uch12 Sony charger specifications 

It's output is 5V/2700ma

9v/1800ma, 12v/1350ma.

Old adapter 5v/ 1500ma kind a low and XZ1 won't utilise 1.5A out from it...

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I just want to charge with the output power of charger.

You can't explain why it's charging with 0,5A instead of 1,5A.

Phone has the capacity to receive 5V 1,5A. There has to be a software limitation.

Users mustn't be forced to QC3.0 chargers.

I will test this with another brand of phone.

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@SiLGEC wrote:

I just want to charge with the output power of charger.

You can't explain why it's charging with 0,5A instead of 1,5A.

Phone has the capacity to receive 5V 1,5A. There has to be a software limitation.

Users mustn't be forced to QC3.0 chargers.

I will test this with another brand of phone.

It will charge but slow...the phone is set with QC charging system .. it's not limitation.. . Test with other phones and see how much amp is showing... Other phones which require 2.4A also charges slowly with 1.5A adaptor.. and those apps which shows amp might not always correct bcos the phone charging system not always run at full amp, it varies.....it will run at 0.5 and then varies to around 1A according it needs.. 

Explanation.. well uch12 says 12volt for 1.3A. u hav only 5volt ...

Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I'm not measuring via app. I'm measuring with test hardware.

Of course 1.5A is slower than 2.4A. If you charge a phone which has max 2.4A input with 1.5A adaptor, it will charge with 1.5A. Not with 0.5A!

No need to bother with your missing knowledge. I'm waiting for official statement.

Adapter has max 12V output, however Xperia XZ1 starts to charge with 9V.

Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@SiLGEC wrote:

I'm not measuring via app. I'm measuring with test hardware.

Of course 1.5A is slower than 2.4A. If you charge a phone which has max 2.4A input with 1.5A adaptor, it will charge with 1.5A. Not with 0.5A!

No need to bother with your missing knowledge. I'm waiting for official statement.

Adapter has max 12V output, however Xperia XZ1 starts to charge with 9V.

All the best finding your wanted official statement and knowledge... When u get your answer hope u can share here and teach everyone your hard-earned valuable incredible knowledge...so the world knows and be grateful to u and call u SIR.

If any chance nobody give u official statement and precious piece of information that explains everything then feel free to sue Sony...

RIP comon sense..