account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen Protector for Xperia XZ1

Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Screen Protector for Xperia XZ1

I'm planning to get a tampered glass screen protector for my Xperia XZ1 but its not available in my area yet. Only Xperia XZ ones that are available. Can I use Xperia XZ screen protector instead? 

9 REPLIES 9
Adviser
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Screen Protector for Xperia XZ1

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

No you can't use xz

Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

If you get tempered glass make sure it is curved. Copter exoglass for xz1, for example, is flat and will give a gap at the edges.

Regular
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I'm considering the curved tempered glass from roxfit. Is it really covering the complete display glass, or is there a gap between the protector's edge and the display edge? 

The second photo on the product page shows actually such a gap. 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I went through two glass screen protectors and two film ones already.

Has anybody globally found one that satisfies all of these conditions:

* Is made of tempered glass,

* Has adhesive on the whole surface (I had one with adhesive on the sides. It did cover more of the glass surface since adhesive provided a grip past the curve, but it caused a rainbow effect, internal reflection, and dust was being trapped between the glass and the screen),

* Does not have black bars on top/bottom, i.e. completely clear,

* Covers all flat area (having 2mm of screen sticking out is neither comfortable for fingers nor for eyes).

I contacted Spigen, TechArmor, RhinoShield and neither have plans to make glass screen protectors for XZ1/XZ1C. Slightly frowning Face

No longer using XZ1C
Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

when i first got MY black unit, i used the bundled plastic film screen protector. Quality, though sold by Sony was meh, borderline bad. it kept having bubbles/unsticking at the sides. so searched around and found that Nillkin has tempered glass screen protector (SP). purchased from Nillkin directly and so far am satisfied. honestly would like the SP to protect the whole entire screen however due to the antena band and phone shape, the glass SP has huge side gaps. in fact, when i first installed the SP, it would capilary stick at the middle but did not stick at the edges/border. So had to spend the whole evening , pressing the SP at the border/edges to make sure that it sticks proper. since the SP does not look 'tidy' i plan to remove the SP and buy the SCTG50.

Pioneer
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Zulz, would you mind taking a picture of the current SP to show how much screen area is left uncovered? 

No longer using XZ1C
Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@romanempire apologize for the delayed response. Plz find attached pic of my current screenIMG-20171113-WA0021.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Try to get this is you can.

http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4551/5041278/1/

https://www.shop-deff.com/products/list?category_id=375

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A