account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 324
Message 41 of 324

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

LOL, I don't think there's an official channel to chat with a support team member.

No, the cover does not do the job for me. I usually double tap to look at the time, or glance through the notification when my phone is sitting on a table. However, the double tap to wake in Z5 is half-broken because it would accidently trigger in pocket (if screen faces towards my body). It would be nice if they can somehow use the proximity sensor to turn the feature on/off. However, it is probably not an easy task as android prolly cuts off the access to the sensor while it is in deep sleep.

Message 42 of 324
Message 42 of 324

@Jeffrey04

There's an official channel to chat with an official Sony Support staff, via your Local support.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Sage
Message 43 of 324
Message 43 of 324

Does it have the blue light filter or night shift mode, however it is called?

Enthusiast
Message 44 of 324
Message 44 of 324

Is the Xperia ringtone changed? Also in Xperia Action in The sleep mode, is there a night light option now? 

Sage
Message 45 of 324
Message 45 of 324

Question for the actual owners: is there any blue light filter to dim the screen like to a warmer tint?
The equivalent of night shift in Apple, just to be clear.

Message 46 of 324
Message 46 of 324

Use Gravity Screen. It is very useful. (i am OCD) 

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.
Rookie
Message 47 of 324
Message 47 of 324

Anyone know how to take a screen shot on the xz1. Thanks in advance

Learner
Message 48 of 324
Message 48 of 324

Hold the power button down and it will be the third option, right after "shut down" and "reboot".

Learner
Message 49 of 324
Message 49 of 324

Does anyone know where the scene selection button has gone in the camera app of the XZ1? I feel that it was there when I first started the phone last Tuesday, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Learner
Message 50 of 324
Message 50 of 324

Hi, I got my XZ1 compact last week (I'm in the UK), I am finding the moving icons along the top really annoying and distracting. When my data or WiFi is on the 2 arrows to the left of the icon come on (I'm assuming when some data is being used), when they appear though the icons next to the arrows move to the left, then when they go they move to the right and this could be quite frequent. I've solved it for WiFi because I've hidden that icon but I can't hide the signal one (and don't think I should). I've had 2 Sony phones before but neither have had moving icons like this. It's super annoying so if anyone has any solutions I'd love to hear them!