account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Message 141 of 329
Message 141 of 329

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

@Owodiran1

Then this is the latest available software for your specific customization version. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 142 of 329
Message 142 of 329

For sony xperia xz1 i don't think there is any customized rom for it. It's an official rom am on

Inhabitant
Message 143 of 329
Message 143 of 329

Hi @Titimachine,

i read on some Blogs that the Device is waterresistant for 30 Minutes in Water. No Salt Water or Water inside an Swimmingpool, because the Chlorine-containing water. But any Moderator can tell more abaout this.

Message 144 of 329
Message 144 of 329

@Titimachine

As @LarsM said, your phone has IP rating. This means that under a strictly controlled laboratory environment, the hardware works as designed even after being exposed to specific conditions. So you should not use the device underwater, such as taking pictures. Do not use the device to take photos while performing any type of activity underwater, including diving or snorkeling.

Sony devices that are tested for their water-resistant abilities are placed gently inside a container filled with tap water and lowered to a depth of 1.5 meters. After 30 minutes in the container, the device is gently taken out and its functions and features are tested. 

Do not expose the device to seawater, saltwater, chlorinated water or liquids such as fruit drinks, liquid detergent, and vinegar.

More reads here:

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz1/dm/waterresistant/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 145 of 329
Message 145 of 329

i miss the option to root our Phones. I know i can unlock the Bootloader, but the DRM Keys gets lost. I would be so nice, if Sony give us an official Way to backup the keys.

Commissioner
Message 146 of 329
Message 146 of 329

I wish SONY was SONY again! Can't believe after 4 years I'm still holding the best Xperia ever made the Z2... In time customer really counted. The camera has no distortion, the battery has 3200 mAh and lasts for whole day no charge and 7 hours intense use. Noise-cancelling earphones were in the box from the start and in some sets - a charging dock. 
Now, the prices are high, the phones work only for 5,5 hours cause the accus are smaller, the bezels are bigger, cameras are full of noise and pixelated in shadows, the box contains only phone and charger...
Where are we heading Sony? What's next.. Doesn't premium XPERIA brand count anymore? 
The most basic huawei P-Lite is faster and makes better shots for half of a price.. Really think it's time to leave Xperias behind.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Learner
Message 147 of 329
Message 147 of 329

Looking at other brands like Samsung's flagships, they have a 720p 240fps slowmo. Is it possible to have XZ1/XZp to record 720p240 slow mo like them in future update? I really think XZ1 have all the requirements to do it. 

No bullsheits like storage might be too slow, XZ1 uses fast UFS storage. 

Enthusiast
Message 148 of 329
Message 148 of 329

does the xperia team actually read this board? just out of curiousity

Sony Xperia Support
Message 149 of 329
Message 149 of 329

Hi, @Jeffrey04! Yes, I read every post, but please understand that me and the team are not able to partake in every discussion, even though we strive to be available, and present, in every board and thread of this forum. I understand it may feel frustrating at times as a poster if a reply from the team is delayed. However, I promise that nothing goes unnoticed - we are always present to read what the users have to say, both positive and negative comments about our products and services, and really appreciate the time you take to discuss here!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 150 of 329
Message 150 of 329

Das xz1 ist eine voll Katastrophe, Bluetooth Verbindung geht mit kaum einem Gerät, xz1 und z5 können nicht mal miteinander kommunizieren, xz1 friert immer wieder ein, Telefonate werden abgebrochen. Xz1 schaltet sich aus. Habe den Bluetooth schon aus 1.4 Standard zurück gesetzt, aber auch das hat das Problem nicht behoben, bin seid über 15 Jahren Sony u

The xz1 is a complete catastrophe, Bluetooth connection works with hardly any device, xz1 and z5 can not even communicate with each other, xz1 freezes over and phone calls are canceled. Xz1 turns off. Have the Bluetooth already set back from 1.4 standard, but even that has not resolved the problem, I'm over 15 years Sony u

GT