account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 321
Message 1 of 321

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Hello everyone!

We tried out a new concept where we mainly let our community assist each other with product/feature questions in the Xperia XZ Premium board and it was a success! So, let's keep it rolling. Slightly smiling Face

The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the Xperia XZ1; other users owning an Xperia XZ1 and forum staff will do our best to reply! 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ1, you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ1, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread/their own thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! smile happy

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

320 REPLIES 320
Sage
Message 2 of 321
Message 2 of 321

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Question for XZ1 actual owner: does it have a barometer like other high end Xperias?

One time poster
Message 3 of 321
Message 3 of 321

Are you able to confirm if the phone has VoLTE and wifi calling on T Mobile in the United States? T movie will not comment on it

Learner
Message 4 of 321
Message 4 of 321

My Z5 and XZ doesn't have a barometer that I can find. 

Sage
Message 5 of 321
Message 5 of 321

You can use free apps that read sensors, barometers app itself or the service test menu dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#*.

Sport tracker app too uses barometer to estimate altitude changes.

Learner
Message 6 of 321
Message 6 of 321

The test didn't show a barometer. Dang.

Message 7 of 321
Message 7 of 321

I just cant wait for the XZ1 to be available near me. I just want a Sony sidekick for my XZP. Lol. 

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.
Sage
Message 8 of 321
Message 8 of 321

@dalekana

It's called "pressure sensor" rather than barometer, if you could check it for me.

Thanks again

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 321
Message 9 of 321

Would "double tap to wake" like Z5 available on XZ1? If not can I submit a feature request for this? Would be nice to have this feature back. It would be nice if the double tap to wake does not activate the phone when the proximity sensor knows it is in the pocket. I mean my old Nokia N9 (and it is not running Android) does this, it would be nice if a relatively new system does this too.

Sage
Message 10 of 321
Message 10 of 321

@Jeffrey04

I just finished a chat with a Xperia support team's member asking, among others, the very same thing. Please do the same in order to make them consider to enable double tap to wake.

I also discovered that, if you buy their cover, you get the job done: https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/style-cover-stand-scsg50/

Citation: -"

Turn on or off, just by flipping

The front gracefully wakes your device when you open it, quickly starting whatever you need. When the show’s over, simply fold it back to enter standby."

I hope they didn't do it just to sell a cover, but it's worth a shot to ask for a clarification.

I've also pledged for the FM radio: i really don't get why they had to remove it from high tier phone and leave it for mid and low tiers. Aside from entertainment, is the only thing that keeps you connected to the world in case of emergency.