account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Pioneer
Message 221 of 321
Message 221 of 321

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Hi @CharlesJ;

I think so, even it is Gorilla Glass 5, it is glass, and glass is glass, and it will brake at some point, but a good screen protector will help absorb the shock and can avoid the Gorilla Glass from cracking in some ocasions and also avoid some minerals from scratching it. 

Enthusiast
Message 222 of 321
Message 222 of 321

Hello, 

My new XZ1 isn't recognizing the Sim card. That same card works wiyh the old phone. I tried some suggestions from an old Xperia X but nothing. Please, 😢 help! 

Learner
Message 223 of 321
Message 223 of 321

Xz1 i fabrika ayarlarina dondur. Olmassa yazilim onarim yap.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 224 of 321
Message 224 of 321

That was awesome. It's good to know that we can trust our cameras. 

Enthusiast
Message 225 of 321
Message 225 of 321

I really missed that double-tap wake feature. Also, the full battery notification that I had on my Z5 was very helpful. Now it's missing since the XZ as far as I can see. 

Commissioner
Message 226 of 321
Message 226 of 321

When can We expect the Oreo 8.1 to come? Is it in test phase or designing stage or what? 
And when finally We get solution for Wi-Fi drops and router loosing?
It's abnormal to use 4G+ for Youtube when the Wi-Fi is around and other devices use it!

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Learner
Message 227 of 321
Message 227 of 321

I am having multiple issues with xperia xz1. Phone about 6 weeks old, massive battery drain, camera switches itself on  even when phone on airplane mode overnight, I think this helped it go from 100% to zero overnight. Alarm unsettling itself, just shows as clock at top of phone instead of alarm. Keeps disconnecting from WiFi and 4g,apps randomly crashing, constantly saying no Internet connection when there is, asking to reload. That's just from the top of my head . There was a system update on Friday. 

Message 228 of 321
Message 228 of 321

I'm having a lot of problems too. The worst of them is the camera that sometimes just dont save my pictures. Does anyone knows how can I solve this? 

Pioneer
Message 229 of 321
Message 229 of 321

Hi @daniloaguiarc;

You are having problems saving pictures to the internal storage or SD card?

If to SD card it can be a problem of the SD card, did you tried format the SD card?

To format SD card:

1. Find and tap Settings > Storage.
  2. Tap SD card > Menu icon, then tap Storage settings > Format > Erase & format.

All content on the memory card gets erased when you format it. Make sure you first make backups of all data that you want to save. To back up your content, you can copy it to a computer. For more information, see Managing files using a computer.

Regular
Message 230 of 321
Message 230 of 321

Will the Xperia XZ1 get android P? Even if it's not confirmed nor denied yet,how likely is it to happen more or less?