account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Learner
Message 211 of 325
Message 211 of 325

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Xz1 de hotspot acinca diger cihazlar tarafindan gorunmuyor. Yeniden baslatinca goruyor sonra tekrar bi sure sonra gorunmuyor.

Hotspot on Xz1 is not actually seen by other devices. It looks like it starts over again and then it does not show up again after a while.

GT

One time poster
Message 212 of 325
Message 212 of 325

I keep getting the pop up, to update my XZ1. It is really off putting, since i updated atleast 8 times. Same firm ware. same everything. nothing changes. still i get the update request. and i can't get it out of my drop menu.

any help? why do i still get requests to update to 47.1.A.12.75?

Learner
Message 213 of 325
Message 213 of 325

Keep the preview of the update ticked and block notifications from being turned on or off. I will not get a notification until I restart it

Guncelleme bildirimin ustune basili tut ve bildirimleri engelle secenegini sec yada ayarlar uygulamalar yazilim guncelleme secenegine durdurmaya zorla. Yeniden baslatana kadar bildirim almassin baska yolu yok sanirim

@CnytUzgrn

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 214 of 325
Message 214 of 325

75 is old one, try to reset the phone with Xperia Companion. Remember that will erase internal flash - clear. Make a back-up before within program options.

One time poster
Message 215 of 325
Message 215 of 325

I've just seen a dead pixel on the screen of my Xperia XZ1. It's in warranty, but is this covered or would I get charged for this to be fixed? 

Pioneer
Message 216 of 325
Message 216 of 325

Hi @Bugv3y;

According to Sony warranty conditions until two dead pixels are accepted.

Try restarting the phone to see if it disappears or in last resort a software repair with Xperia Companion just to discard a software issue. 

Inhabitant
Message 217 of 325
Message 217 of 325

hi, guys.

is swifkey and some google apps cause lag and Freeze?

because someone noticed this then i try disable them and phone smoother

One time poster
Message 218 of 325
Message 218 of 325

Где находится переключение ответа вызова на звонок  приложить к уху или просто провести по экрану рукой? 

Where is the switching of the answer of a call to the call to attach to the ear or just to hold the screen with your hand?

GT

Enthusiast
Message 219 of 325
Message 219 of 325

You're right ! The FM radio was useful. I also missed the IR remote function. That was a nice tool and fun sometimes. Last time I had it was on a tablet, I believe it was the Xperia Z tablet or another older version. Currently have the Z4 . Anyways, Samsung has the IR on some of their phones, why not have it on the XZ's? 

Enthusiast
Message 220 of 325
Message 220 of 325

Hello,

I know a good and decent screen protector is great thing in most smartphones, but, since the XZ1 is sporting a gorilla glass 5... ¿Do we really need a screen protector?