account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Inhabitant
Message 161 of 324
Message 161 of 324

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1!

Hi, 

Does Sony allow to download the xperia loops theme? Even the new one from CES '18, this one is already on internet as an apk but want to know if you could get them officially for our xperia smartphones, xz1 here... 

One time poster
Message 162 of 324
Message 162 of 324

Hi all,

New owner of the XZ1 (2 weeks) I have 3 concerns (i am already on the latest Firmware and already did a Factory reset):

1- Screen vibration : 

While listening audio content via external speakers at loud (meaning more than 50% of volume), my screen is vibrating a lot. At a point that colud come unconforatble after some minutes holding the phone.

Is it a natural behaviour ?

2- Screen yellowisk tint :

Even whentrying to change the Gamma, my screen remain very very yellowish.

3- Phone idle consumption:

My XZ1 is draining around 1,2 % of battery life each single hour.

My wife XZ is consuming 75% less than mine in the same condition/network and she is having even more apps than me.

As comparison, my wife is using the Xperia XZ and my son the original Xperia Z and compared to their devices... I must admit that my render of the XZ1 is far below (even the Camera result of the XZ1 is far behind the XZ).

Any advices, need to send to repair ?

Inhabitant
Message 163 of 324
Message 163 of 324

Hi,

Well this is my experience from this device, concerning your issues :

1. Screen does vibrate but in a normal way and is not uncomfortable at all. 

2. Yes I would think the xz screen calibration is way better but, I don't know if is a bug or what try to hit several times on super vivid gamut and you will see that white tints change from yellow to real white. I normally use the standard mode and whites are OK, but really I can say the xz screen was better in this regard. 

3. I upgraded from xz and battery in my case is better on xz1. 

Camera, speed, performance, battery is better on my xz1 compared to the xz only thing is the screen but is not a deal breaker, screen is still top notch. I think the xz uses a gamut between the xz1 super vivid and standard mode and that makes the difference. 

Adviser
Message 164 of 324
Message 164 of 324

Is the XZ! MHL 3 TV-out compliant?

Visitor
Message 165 of 324
Message 165 of 324

Yo he utilizado el programa xperia transfer mobile y me ha ido bien

Visitor
Message 166 of 324
Message 166 of 324

My XZ1 literally drained itself after the last update which contains january security patches. I got 10 hours running and 1 hour screen time for %76 battery. It was around 50-60 remaining with this usage before the update.

One time poster
Message 167 of 324
Message 167 of 324

Hi. I am a xz1 owner for some months now and i want to ask about the 3d printing we can order,how much it costs and where can i check the prices?

Thanks in advance!

Regular
Message 168 of 324
Message 168 of 324

What is it app? RCS Service? Screenshot_20180124-110620.png

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 169 of 324
Message 169 of 324

Hi @Jurgi

RCS stands for Rich Communication Services, and is a messaging standard also marketed as Advanced Messaging, Advanced Communications, joyn, and Message+. 

With the RCS standard, a number of functionalities are added to the messaging application on your device.  For example, RCS allows you to attach high-resolution pictures, videos and audio to your messages, and enables you to chat with other RCS users. If the person that receives the message doesn't have RCS support, the message is converted into an SMS/MMS message. Unlike SMS, RCS uses the mobile data connection or your Wi-Fi connection to send messages. 

Let me know if that answers you question. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 170 of 324
Message 170 of 324

Dear Sony Colleague,

When I charge my Xperia XZ1, I find that the touch screen have problem. Usually the button become double click. The situation will back to normal when I unplug the charger or wait for 100% power. Please help to confirm any solution for this issue.

Bob Chang