account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem HDR on XZ1

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Problem HDR on XZ1

My Xz1 have problem when play 1080p 60fps HDR Video in youtube. The video is very laggy and sometime my touchscreen become unresponsive for a few seconds Screenshot_20180504-193655.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem HDR on XZ1

can you give the video link?

i want to test it.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Peru 8K HDR 60FPS(FUHD)

https://youtu.be/1La4QzGeaaQ

We want to share with everyone how we see the world in 8K. Peru 8K HDR explores the people and landscapes of Peru. This footage was captured in natively in 8K UHD (4320p) and 60fps resolution with the brand new Red Helium 8K Super35mm sensor. Using the most up to date technology we created this ...
One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I agree with you. I'm having the same issues with hdr videos on YouTube. They are absolutely jittery and often just skip parts. And my phone freezes like crazy with hdr content on. 

I don't have the problems with my xz premium but funnily with the xz premium it won't go into hdr at all 😕

Can someone from Sony help us understand what's going on.

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I also have issues with HDR content on YouTube. My screen keeps flickering by turning its brightness high and low when I play HDR content in the dark. Also, HDR videos replay very poorly, I checked "stats for nerds" and apparently it drops like half of the frames. 

Not that I care too much since I do not watch HDR content but still, now that I see this thread I'm pretty sure many XZ1s have issues with this which isn't great considering this phone is advertised as HDR compliant.

Sony should definitely look into this.