account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Predictive capturing not working

Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Predictive capturing not working

With the latest update of my XZ1, 47.1.A.5.51 version, after over 100 camera shots never and never predictive capture works. Predictive capture has never been activated.

7 REPLIES 7
shb
Learner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Predictive capturing not working

Having the same problem here using XZ Premium 

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I rarely get it to work. It worked yesterday when I was taking pictures of my kitchen, which is totally useless, but when I take pictures of my dog, it never works. Strange, I agree - I imagined it will be must easier to get working. :smileysmileywink:

shb
Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@joplisan can you share how you do it? I've tried many time and it's not working 

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Predictive Capture seems to be working best when the device is held steadily with good amount of daylight, also with only subtle or slow moving objects,

have you tried the burst shot option instead? try to go to camera settings>camera key>burst shot

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

keep in mind that predictive capture only works when the phone detects some movement in the viewfinder, while you're holding the camera button in focus position (i.e. pressed halfway down).

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

XZs 4 days old.. Oreo latest updates done. Whatever i do cannot get predictive capture. Set to Auto but no use. Did same acts like as shown in advertising videos but no use. If it needs eds some bachelors or masters degree course to learn that, i did spend 50K bucks for it.

Please Sony, tell me where can i enroll for such course. xD

Highlighted
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Well Predictive capture did work outdoors. What I found is that it needs a good amount of light to enter the sensor. Even it worked while clicking photo of a pc display whose brightness helped it. But not getting it indoors in household lighting.. 

Version: G8232.. OS: 41.3.A.2.149