account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Pre-order Offer

Regular
Message 81 of 131
Message 81 of 131

Re: Pre-order Offer

I have sent the following note to Kondor, who handled the promotion for Sony. In the UK Sony themselves as we have all seen are in denial.

"Thanks Josh - many of us were very clear that it was a first come first served basis, which is why we tried to log in at midnight on 20/10. Because of a system problem by the time we were able to log in days later it was no longer a first come first served basis - indirect customers of Sony had been given priority, as they were able to log in.

Even the email address, quoted twice, on the confirmation was wrong!

I, and many other direct customers of Sony, feel badly let down by the way this has played out - you only need to look at the bulletin board.

I have raised the entire fiasco with senior management at Sony Mobile." (Stuart Eaton - Senior European Marketing and Communications Manager)

Inhabitant
Message 82 of 131
Message 82 of 131

Wow, I *think* I'm getting headphones! Had a delivery notice for tomorrow!

They're black rather than blue, but that's OK: I'll just be delighted to get them. 

Thank goodness they got there in the end, but that will put me off these sorts of promotions in future: life's too short! 

Talent
Message 83 of 131
Message 83 of 131

@waylandsmithy wrote:

Wow, I *think* I'm getting headphones! Had a delivery notice for tomorrow!

They're black rather than blue, but that's OK: I'll just be delighted to get them. 

Thank goodness they got there in the end, but that will put me off these sorts of promotions in future: life's too short! 

Where are you from and when did you made the order for the headphone?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 84 of 131
Message 84 of 131

England, and I ordered on 13th September. 

Talent
Message 85 of 131
Message 85 of 131

Did you order the headphone on 20 Oktober?

I only atached the bill to the order and not the pre order document. I hope they get in touch with me...

Inhabitant
Message 86 of 131
Message 86 of 131

I wasn't able to order the headphones until late on 24th October, my IMEI wasn't recognised. Looks like contacting Kondor was the only way to fix it.

I'm still waiting for Sony to contact me after promising to do so in 2-3 working days, on the 20th.

I won't use the Sony eshop again, the customer support is hopeless. 

One time poster
Message 87 of 131
Message 87 of 131

Managed to order via the redemption site on Monday 23rd - just kept trying the IMEI until it suddenly worked - headphones arrived Tues 24th! Could only get black but got the WH-H900N. UK site. Didn't get any correspondence back from Sony customer service!
Inhabitant
Message 88 of 131
Message 88 of 131

For those who might be interested (especially in Italy), I contacted the promotion support asking for an estimated shipping time and they told me that it depends on the speed of the registration and the correctness of the information provided (like everyone else I could only input my IMEI and upload one file, which was the invoice for me), but the shipment should begin by the end of october.

Regular
Message 89 of 131
Message 89 of 131

Here's a copy of an email I sent to Stuart Eaton - Senior European Marketing and Communications Manager stuart.eaton@sonymobile.com It remains unanswered but perhaps others affected would like to email him as well.

I'd like to share with you how Sony has managed to upset many loyal, direct customers who purchase through the Estore.

There was a pre-order offer of a free set of headphones if a pre-order was placed at the Estore or a number of other select dealers.

I was amongst those who did so from the Estore. When the phone arrived there was no mention of the headphones so I checked with customer services who looked at my order and confirmed my qualification.

Accepting that colour could be an issue many people logged on at midnight 20/10 to claim their headphones. Unfortunately due to a system malfunction this was not possible. Over the next few days this gradually improved, but not for Estore customers.

Realising by reading the forum that it was likely the the Estore IMEIs had not been uploaded to the web system I raised this with Customer Services, who assured me I was wrong. Not being convinced I emailed Kondor who handled the promotion. I followed up with a phone call.

Kondor called me back to confirm my suspicions, loaded the Estore IMEIs and asked me to check. All was well, but I was unable to order the colour that I wanted. Previously I had been told by Customer Services that this would be annotated on my account and my order would be modified. it has not been.

More problems occurred as the contact email on the confirmation of order sent me to the French Custoner Services team, and so it goes on.

Mine is just one of many such stories, hours wasted unnecessarily and absolutely no apologies. The forum shows the picture.

I was about to purchase the XZ1 Compact for my wife but I do not currently feel inclined to trust Sony again, at least for a while.

Talent
Message 90 of 131
Message 90 of 131

At least here in Germany, they said 28 days after ordering the headphones.

plus 14 days to ask for other documents if they have to confirm the documents further. So i might be one of those because i could only atach the bill and not the pre order thanks to that lame site that allowed only to atach on document.

@albelTW wrote:

For those who might be interested (especially in Italy), I contacted the promotion support asking for an estimated shipping time and they told me that it depends on the speed of the registration and the correctness of the information provided (like everyone else I could only input my IMEI and upload one file, which was the invoice for me), but the shipment should begin by the end of october.